Trump's America

zoogs

It might be a stretch, but one could say that R's paid the price by having a unqualified sleeper candidate come sweep the primaries and win the election.

And yet he's doing their biding, and they control the legislative branch as well. Seems like a win win to me.

Parody ---> My Republican voice:

Boy it sure is!!!!

I can't wait until all these...

n word

s word (slur for anyone of Latin origin)

f word (the slur for gays)

non-Christians

immigrants

non-whites

and every other America hating (insert colorful insults with plenty of expletives) are driven out of MY country!

End of parody.

​Yep, that sure is a "win win!"

:blink:

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

This should probably be its own topic, but:

What is the small government/free market proponent's answer when it comes to things that are unprofitable (directly) but good for society? For instance: orphanages, assistance for pregnant/nursing women and kids, protecting the environment, pell grants.

These aren't profitable things. Take the environment for example. If there are no emissions/pollution laws, is there any profit in researching and implementing new products that produce energy that limit emissions/pollution?

If it's not profitable, it must be bad for society.

I really think that's the answer. The environment? Companies have an interest in maintaining long-term profits and so they will naturally adopt environmentally friendly practices, especially if unburdened by regulation.

=\

I just can't fathom how unfettered private industry would have anything other than everybody's best interests in mind.

I know right!!!

In a free market economy with no regulation or over-sight, companies and industries have NEVER polluted the environment.

They've never under-paid their workers.

They've never put their employees safety in jeopardy.

They've never exposed their employees to hazardous/dangerous chemicals or waste.

And they've certainly never cheated the public or engaged in any kind of fraud.

Trust the free market! It is the solution to all our problems.

And as a side note: I cannot wait until there is no minimum wage because I know that all companies will pay the lowest 90% of their work force a fair and equitable wage.

I am interested in something. I have heard both Trump and Spicer say repeatedly that there was a lot of reporting during the election that surveillance was going on. Every time I hear them talk about it, that point gets more and more bold.

What reporting are they talking about? I don't remember any reporting that Trump Tower was being surveilled.

This seems like a statement they floated out there and they haven't been challenged on it so they keep stating it more and more boldly.

Can someone please list the news outlets or link the articles that reported on this?

PS....I got in on todays press briefing and...wow...this issue has gotten heated between the press and Spicer. He is so full of crap and the press can see through it.

Well....now I know.

This should probably be its own topic, but:

What is the small government/free market proponent's answer when it comes to things that are unprofitable (directly) but good for society? For instance: orphanages, assistance for pregnant/nursing women and kids, protecting the environment, pell grants.

These aren't profitable things. Take the environment for example. If there are no emissions/pollution laws, is there any profit in researching and implementing new products that produce energy that limit emissions/pollution?

I saw on Twitter just yesterday that the Trump DOJ is challenging the CFPB's appeal of the ruling that their structure is unconstitutional.

The CFPB is not good for business. It was designed to be good for the people. The DOJ wants the clause that says the CFPB head can only be fired "for cause." In other words, they want to get rid of an Obama appointee that helped people so Trump can appoint some Goldman Sachs power player to neuter the agency that is bad for business.

What you described would be one way to fix the ACA as well. Short of shifting to a different program like single-payer, when the bill was implemented, the Dems lowered the subsidy amounts as a concession to the GOP to try to make the bill seem more fiscally responsible. That was a huge mistake. In return, we got more premium in creases.

This could be fixed, but it would require more government spending in order to help we the people.

In other words, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Trump, Bannon, Goldman Sachs et al. won't have it.

Trump is under mounting pressure from both sides of the political aisle to withdraw his raving, unsupported claims of being wiretapped.

Think about that for a moment. These are Congressmen devoting their political energy to *trying* to get the WH to back down from crazy lies. (Or, if you prefer, innocently mistaken assertions)

This appears to be the chief "consequence" of those lies (/"who, me? Was I wrong again? Aw, shucks"): you force your opponents to expend their resources on the utterly inane. Then you go right on about accomplishing your objectives; running ICE the way you want to, ending net neutrality, taking over the CBC, etc, etc, etc.

• Fire 1