Trump's America

zoogs

They aren't in fear because unions, and government agencies, have reined in rampant worker abuse. Unions stopped child labor and gross worker exploitation.

I would agree that the pendulum has swung too far the other way, and some unions have become monsters and do as much harm as good, but unions are still a necessary thing, and will become more necessary the more agencies like OSHA lose power in the name of deregulation.

• Fire 1

Perspective.

Where is the outcry from "the party of smaller government?"

Doesn't Trump own/run Mar-a-Largo?

What I mean is: if there was a person to waive the golf cart fee, it would be Trump.

Edit: looking closer, it looks like they rented from another vendor, Not necessarily Mar-a-Largo. Still, golf cart fees are gonna get ya!

Just like he charges secret service for space at Trump Tower to protect Melamia and charged his campaign for plane rental, and the space for renting rooms at MiraLago. The guy is a crook. If he simply collected from his hotels who are gathering funds from other governments this entire charade has been worth it for him.

• Fire 3

I heard a great discussion on the radio while driving this morning about bringing buisness principles to government in Michigan. The governor Rick Synder helped restructure the confusing tax system for buisnesses (a great thing), but he also defunded the agency responsible for water quality. While you may not be able to draw a direct line to Flint, there's no doubt that cutting funds had an impact there since they reviewed the switch over to use Flint river water. It's important to remember that deregulation sounds good, and it can be good, but it is not in a buisness best interest to protect the enviornment or help the consumer beyound buying their product or service.

• Fire 3

WBUR - ICE Arrests Green Card Applicants In Lawrence, Signaling Shift In Priorities: http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/03/30/green-card-ice-arrests-lawrence

"All five individuals have final orders of removal issued by a federal immigration judge. All five will be held in custody pending removal from the United States," the statement read.

When asked if the five people arrested had criminal records, an ICE spokesman said two of the people had no criminal record while the other three had "multiple traffic violations."

What are we doing here?

WBUR - ICE Arrests Green Card Applicants In Lawrence, Signaling Shift In Priorities: http://www.wbur.org/news/2017/03/30/green-card-ice-arrests-lawrence

"All five individuals have final orders of removal issued by a federal immigration judge. All five will be held in custody pending removal from the United States," the statement read.When asked if the five people arrested had criminal records, an ICE spokesman said two of the people had no criminal record while the other three had "multiple traffic violations."

What are we doing here?
Roundin up Mexicans who tukerjebs! And shuttin down sanctuary cities that harbor their rapists and criminals!
  • Fire 2

"All five individuals have final orders of removal issued by a federal immigration judge. All five will be held in custody pending removal from the United States," the statement read.When asked if the five people arrested had criminal records, an ICE spokesman said two of the people had no criminal record while the other three had "multiple traffic violations."

What are we doing here?
Roundin up Mexicans who tukerjebs! And shuttin down sanctuary cities that harbor their rapists and criminals!

Surely they're ALL bad hombres. Criminals, racists, you know the type. Taking good, American jobs that white... errr, real Americans want.

They broke the law simply by being here.

It's sad these so-called "sanctuary cities" would put their political agendas ahead of the safety of their citizens.

Yada yada. Insert some other lazy justification here. We're doing exactly what Trump and Sessions said they'd do. It may fall within the scope of the law - well, except for his twice-blocked Muslim ban - but it's crossed a line of the realm of human morality.

Came across this article today. I feel like this is the seedy underbelly of the manufacturing renaissance Trump is promising. Manufacturing down south is much different than in the rust belt because they're largely un-unionized. As such, basic worker safety goes by the wayside. It's eye-opening how disposable all the workers in these stories were treated.

Hopefully, the unions keep their strength up north. But Trump's initial pick for SecLab Puzder was vehemently anti-union. Given that his administration is basically run by Goldman Sachs bigwigs and corporate overlords, I can' imagine they're going to advocate for unions but rather seek to stifle them.

If so, I shudder for those heading off to work in factories in the US.

https://twitter.com/lpolgreen/status/845274092173447168

Ok...I'm sorry I gotta say BS to something you're implying here.

You are claiming that just because a job isn't unionized, then workers aren't safe.

As an owner and manager of a non unionized factory, I take great offense to that.

Most managers of non union shops care deeply for their employees and work hard to make sure they are safe.

You may treat your employees great...if you do, you are the incredibly rare exception, not the rule.

And from my experience, most managers/owners DGAFF about their employees. I mean they "care" until that "care" starts affecting profits, then it's FU work-hole.

Sorry, not trying to be rude or combative, but I've been around the block 5-1000 times and know all too well the "deep concern" managers and business owners have for their employees.