Trump's America

zoogs

From the AP report:

The report was denied by Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov's spokesman, who suggested there are no homosexuals in the Muslim-majority region. Ali Karimov said, according to the state news agency RIA Novosti, "it's impossible to persecute those who are not in the republic."

No gay here!

Oh yeah....this is a leader we should admire.

Had the same thought verbatim yesterday. Thought about posting that article, but passed.

If people want an illustration of what delineates Russia from us, look at Randy's article. We've legalized gay marriage; they deny gays exist in their country.

We allow people free speech; their leader kills people who dissent and speak out against him.

Also, Putin's Russia is mercilessly bombing civilians in Syria, where unfortunately our own moral fortitude appears to be worsening.

Russia is a human rights nightmare.

It might be worth noting that homosexual acts have been legal in Russia since 1993, which is actually longer than it has been legal in our 50 states (shocked to learn that didn't happen until 2003), but the law apparently doesn't do a whole lot for you in Russia.

So, Ford announces a $1.2 billion dollar investment and 500 jobs in Canada. Will Trump and the rest of America be outraged? Or is it only bad when the brown people and the other ones across the pacific get jobs?

I'm going to go with "we only care about the brown people".

The ending of this article baffles me.

People in general baffle me.

I used to think I would become more wise with age. I think now I'm just getting more confused...

Don't underestimate tribalism and picking your guy.

I was probably somewhat guilty of this with Obama, but I feel like I could reasonably take a step back and assess his faults.

But it's just astounding. They've got their guy and they're sticking by him:

“If I lose this job,” she said, “I’ll sit home and die.”

Yet she said she might still vote for Trump in 2020.

It's nuts to me how they rationalize ways to support the guy when he's about to slash programs they all care about or neglect things they think are important. But he's their guy, and they're standing by him.

It's an interesting case study in human psychology. How far one will compromise what they believe in in order to support someone they voted for. I get the sense that a lot of these folks were just folks who identified with him, bought in to SOME parts of his agenda (while distinctly disagreeing with others) and hoped the parts THEY cared about got done. Tribalism plays in because that article said only 3% of Trump voters would vote differently today, and only 1% would vote for Clinton. They may not love Trump, but they're sure as hell not voting for a Democrat.

Now, he's stripping the country to sell for parts. And yet, they will vote for the guy again.

Nothing wrong with saying lots of good-intentioned, good people got fleeced by Don the Con.

• Fire 3

I don't even know where to put this, which cockamamie thread this best belongs in, so this one wins.

This psychological aspect of his attitude is baffling to me. He constantly says things like this is self induced grandeur that everyone with at least a pea brain knows is total BS. He says these things all the time.

I don't even know where to put this, which cockamamie thread this best belongs in, so this one wins.

This psychological aspect of his attitude is baffling to me. He constantly says things like this is self induced grandeur that everyone with at least a pea brain knows is total BS. He says these things all the time.

Part of the whole Narcissistic Personality Disorder thing he has been burdened with. Poor fella.

I would make a new topic about this if it was a random citizen. I still think this is bad, but it is a government employee.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1782PH?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=58e6ad7e04d301338e562bd7&utm_medium=trueAnthem

Twitter Inc on Thursday filed a federal lawsuit to block an order by the U.S. government demanding that it reveal who is behind an account opposed to President Donald Trump's tough immigration policies.

Citing freedom of speech as a basis for not turning over records, Twitter filed the lawsuit in federal court in San Francisco and said that the account, @ALT_uscis, claimed to be run by at least one federal immigration employee. The acronym CIS refers to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the account describes itself as "immigration resistance."