Trump's America

zoogs

I want to say I'm going into tomorrow with an "open mind". But that is very disingenuous, my mind is made up to the point one speech won't change it. It will take a massive change in his behavior and actions in general before "I" can be won.

But...what are the possible outcomes of a "Presidential" showing where he focuses on policy and maybe even shares processes and evidence to explain what he is telling us? And what would be the consequences of him dropping a giant turd during his speech?

I think tomorrow night will tell us a lot. He will either gain some much needed traction, or he is going to start hammering the nails on his political coffin. If he acts like the immature asshat that I think he is, on that stage, I have a hard time seeing adult men wanting to be tied to him. But they continue to disappoint me, so it probably won't matter, none of it...

I don't know why there's been so much talk and focus about Trump eating steak with ketchup. The stupidest crap they bitch or complain about

Growing up I hated eating steak that my dad cooked because it was always well done...I hate well done steaks. I'm a medium rare steak eater. Anyways I would either use ketchup on my well done steak to add flavor cause it was to dry or if ketchup wasn't available, I would drink milk with every bite.

Not sure why this is even weird or an issue. If it taste good to you that's the only thing that should matter.

You want to talk about weird sometimes I'll throw chocolate pudding on my pizza and eat it hahaha...not because the pizza isn't any good but because it taste good. I'll even dip my pizza crust or side bread into the chocolate pudding. It's surprisingly good

Despite the fact that nobody in this thread really cares about what Trump eats, remember all the Fox News bits about Obama wearing mom jeans, fist bumping his wife ("a terrorist, fist, jab?"), latte saluting, etc.?

• Fire 4

I don't know why there's been so much talk and focus about Trump eating steak with ketchup. The stupidest crap they bitch or complain about

Growing up I hated eating steak that my dad cooked because it was always well done...I hate well done steaks. I'm a medium rare steak eater. Anyways I would either use ketchup on my well done steak to add flavor cause it was to dry or if ketchup wasn't available, I would drink milk with every bite.

Not sure why this is even weird or an issue. If it taste good to you that's the only thing that should matter.

You want to talk about weird sometimes I'll throw chocolate pudding on my pizza and eat it hahaha...not because the pizza isn't any good but because it taste good. I'll even dip my pizza crust or side bread into the chocolate pudding. It's surprisingly good

Despite the fact that nobody in this thread really cares about what Trump eats, remember all the Fox News bits about Obama wearing mom jeans, fist bumping his wife ("a terrorist, fist, jab?"), latte saluting, etc.?

Let just be clear. This was all in good fun. But seriously; don't order your steak above medium, and leave the ketchup in a bottle please. It belongs on buns, potatoes, and meat loaf. That's it.

I'm right there with you. This ketchup thing is stupid. People like what they like. I like rare steaks with a variety of things on them, including ketchup. If Trump likes well-done steak with ketchup, that's not my worry. He could eat them cold out of the meat cooler or burnt to a crisp & it wouldn't bother me.

People get worked up over weird stuff. This is nothing. He isn't more or less "presidential" because of the way he eats steaks.

People get worked up over weird stuff. This is nothing. He isn't more or less "presidential" because of the way he eats steaks.

But also nobody has said this. The point being made from the article, before we went on a tangent about proper meat etiquette, was that they think Trump has dementia. The steak thing was just part of the quote.

But also nobody has said this. The point being made from the article, before we went on a tangent about proper meat etiquette, was that they think Trump has dementia. The steak thing was just part of the quote.

Right. People are dissecting how Trump eats a steak because of dementia. It's not character assassination by his political opposites just like Obama's "mom jeans" weren't character assassination by his political rivals.

This is all about dementia. OK.

• Fire 1

My mistake. It wasn't even explicitly about dementia.

The Independent Journal Review had a writer document his experience of what it's like to "eat dinner with Donald Trump".

Inside the article, an anonymous waiter was quoted as describing the situation. The only reference to the well done steak with catsup is from a waiter at the restaurant.

Then Dave Itzkoff, a culture reporter for the New York Times, after reading the IJR article, tweeted about the discrepancy between Trump's understanding of when SNL airs and actual reality.

Then someone else took that as evidence for their "Trump has dementia" theory.

Regardless, what does any of this actually have to do with Trump's meal?

I was just kind of spitballing about the link to dementia. That did have more to do with the SNL comment than anything. Don't know if I believe he really has that, but heck, Reagan had Alzheimer's and they were able to hide it.

There'd have to be a whole heck of a lot more strong evidence before we start tossing around terms like dementia seriously. It's not like most Trump statements have a firm basis in reality anyway.

The steak thing was just a fun tangent to kick around.

I was just kind of spitballing about the link to dementia. That did have more to do with the SNL comment than anything. Don't know if I believe he really has that, but heck, Reagan had Alzheimer's and they were able to hide it.

There'd have to be a whole heck of a lot more strong evidence before we start tossing around terms like dementia seriously. It's not like most Trump statements have a firm basis in reality anyway.

The steak thing was just a fun tangent to kick around.

I do find it strange that he comes off as more intelligent in old interviews than he does now. I know sometimes he is intentionally playing to his base but I'm not sure that completely explains it.