Trump's America

zoogs

1 in 3 (32%) Republicans have a favorable view of Putin now. In 2015, it was 12% of Republicans that viewed him favorable.

In total, 22% of Americans have a favorable view of Putin currently, compared to 13% in 2015.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/204191/putin-image-rises-mostly-among-republicans.aspx

This is likely the Trump voters coming out of the woodwork who don't follow politics close enough to know the nuanced list of reasons Putin is an asshat.

I can't think of any other reason for the spike.

Tood, Clinton would keep the sanctions because they tried to jack with our elections and continue pushing boundaries in Ukraine and committing war crimes in Syria.

Trump would have to answer for why he'd lessen sanctions. Apparently those things are not a big deal to him.

As I stated in another thread, I am one that understands that Russia did what it did to influence the Election.

Nothing to do with it? No, I can't say that. I think it had more to do with Trump vs. Hillary and who would be a better option in Putin's mind. Would Hillary keep/add to the sanctions, IMO yes. Will Trump look to limit/decrease the sanctions, IMO yes. Is Trump more open to working with Russia, I think so.

The question is why would either, as President, take these actions. I would hope to do what is best for America's interests within their Foreign Policies.

I would hope that too. Jury is still out on if that is the motives behind this administration.

I'll give the Trump administration props on something.

They just did a masterful job of getting out from under a very hot topic that their supporters thought was destroying America and everything good in the world.

They came out and said the transgender bathroom issue in schools is a state's rights issue and they don't have an opinion either way.

I personally don't believe Trump agrees with the ultra conservative view on the issue. So....what better way to get away from it than to say it's a "State's rights" issue?

That's not a good thing, though. Rights are rights, whether you're in Texas or Alaska. A trans person shouldn't have different rights in different states. That is definitely a federal-level question, and something the Trump administration flubbed on.

When I said I give him "props" I mean in the political way.

In other words, he masterfully played the conservative voter to win but not give them fully what they want.

As I stated in another thread, I am one that understands that Russia did what it did to influence the Election.Nothing to do with it? No, I can't say that. I think it had more to do with Trump vs. Hillary and who would be a better option in Putin's mind. Would Hillary keep/add to the sanctions, IMO yes. Will Trump look to limit/decrease the sanctions, IMO yes. Is Trump more open to working with Russia, I think so.The question is why would either, as President, take these actions. I would hope to do what is best for America's interests within their Foreign Policies.

No one to my knowledge has ever claimed that they hacked into voting machines, not the mainstream press, or anyone here on the board. A lot of headlines short handed it as "Election Hacking" but I think everyone knows it's election related hacking. So no, they didn't hack voting machines.

Maybe Obama should have hit the banks again, but for one thing we don't know what the sanctions completely entailed. All we know is they closed two compounds, kicked a bunch of spys out, and named some names. Everything else was kept under the table.

Right now if you go after Russia's economy further, yes it will put heat on Putin; but like Cuba and Iran the people are really who suffer not the leaders. Maybe that was Obama's thoughts. Maybe he didn't think he could get the international community to respond quick enough on other actions before he left. Who knows?

Think about why Putin would want Trump in place. It's not because he's better for America. It's definitely not because he's an experienced diplomat. Putin wants to see the US slip and hopefully crumble, so that Russia becomes a lone superpower. He doesn't actually want to work with us. He knows he can stroke Trump's ego and get him to do his bidding; Loosen the reins, weaken NATO, back the US out of "Russia's" sphere of influence. He already has enough people whispering in Trumps ear to be more than alarming to anyone with open eyes.

Just one thing ZROD. There was a big to-do about machine hacking back in late november/early december. Some computer programmers said they found some anomalies in the voting results in many counties in Wisconsin/Michigan. Then they talked about how they themselves had tested voting machines to find them easily hackable. Even the ones where you load them with software, offline, were susceptible if the software was ever in contact with a computer that was connected.

The problem I had with that is I have no idea if they understood statistics well enough to analyse the voting results. There are obviously computer programmers out there who are really good at statistics (my brother is one of them) but they aren't required to understand it. I think they have to take one stats class in order to get a computer programming degree.

Just one thing ZROD. There was a big to-do about machine hacking back in late november/early december. Some computer programmers said they found some anomalies in the voting results in many counties in Wisconsin/Michigan. Then they talked about how they themselves had tested voting machines to find them easily hackable. Even the ones where you load them with software, offline, were susceptible if the software was ever in contact with a computer that was connected.

The problem I had with that is I have no idea if they understood statistics well enough to analyse the voting results. There are obviously computer programmers out there who are really good at statistics (my brother is one of them) but they aren't required to understand it. I think they have to take one stats class in order to get a computer programming degree.

I remember that story too. But didn't the people who "discovered" the anomalies even clarify, after the reporting gained momentum, that they found no evidence of hacking. They just found the numbers weird and it could be possible?

I recall those atricles. It's certainly a scary thought, but since it's something we haven't heard much about; I am (and I think we are)eft to assume that Russia didn't mess with those machines.

Now, that doesn't mean that someone domestically couldn't have done it and it just hasn't been noticed. That seems unlikely though. I think redistricting, Clinton failing to show up in key states like Michigan until it was too late, and Comney's eleventh hour letter played a bigger role.

I'd also be curious to see if voters switching parties to vote for the candidate they thought was unelectable in the other party played a role. I've spoken with people who did just that by voting Clinton on the ticket in the primaries.

I personally don't believe Trump agrees with the ultra conservative view on the issue. So....what better way to get away from it than to say it's a "State's rights" issue?

I don't see this as a way to get away from it all. I think states rights is a carefully measured, long established reasoning used to promote such policies by people who expressly want to deny rights to certain classes of people (but of course, staunchly oppose leaving it up to Maryland to ban assault rifles).

I also don't think that's an issue near and dear to Trump's heart; nothing really seems to be. But it is to those with whom he surrounds himself, and since he also plainly doesn't care enough (or at all) to stop it, here we are.

I'll give the Trump administration props on something.

They just did a masterful job of getting out from under a very hot topic that their supporters thought was destroying America and everything good in the world.

They came out and said the transgender bathroom issue in schools is a state's rights issue and they don't have an opinion either way.

https://twitter.com/markdice/status/834859190438866944

https://twitter.com/markdice/status/834862977119457280

• Fire 1