Trump's America

zoogs

So we're going to be spending lots of $ on nukes and a wall.

Is America really worth protecting if we have dirty air and water and let the most vulnerable among us suffer and die?

To be clear: the dirty water will only be in communities that are largely black and brown. You know, how the Dakota Access Pipeline was originally supposed to go through Fargo, ND (which is pretty much all white) until the "good" white people objected. Then, corporate leaders (who are also white) realized that putting this pipeline through white areas was a fight they couldn't win. They then decided to route this through Indian tribal lands. Because nationally, most whites wouldn't, and don't, give a damn if people who are black, brown, red, etc water is poisoned.

Addressing the air pollution, that's trickier. I realize businesses need the freedom to operate, but I am speechless and flabbergasted that Republicans are signing off on legislation that permits polluting the environment.

This stuff is surreal.

When I was young we were very poor and we ate very bad cuts of meat. I got used to ketchup on my beef and to this day I like it. I have ketchup with my steaks, whether that's a Ribeye (our usual steak) or New York Strips (which we have occasionally).

I don't understand the steak mafioso who get crazed when they hear about someone putting ketchup on a steak. If you don't like it, don't eat it. People act like you just relieved yourself on their children when you do this.

I'll also make horseradish sauce, demi glace, or sometimes a mushroom sauce for the side. It's pretty unusual for me to eat a steak without some kind of sauce, even though I really like Ribeyes without sauce, too.

As far as I know the only people who comfortably and confidently walk around locker rooms are 70-80+ year old dudes

7.png

Seriously, my gym has 2 guys who dry their undercarriage with a hairdryer. I mean WTF?

Red Five storytime:

When I was at UNL many moons ago, on days I didn't have classes until 11 I would work out in the mornings at the Rec, shower, then go to class. It was pretty much a regular crew in the locker room/showers every morning. The old dudes/professors would always stand around buck nekkid shooting the sh!t, telling stories, etc. One of these professors just happened to be my business law professor, and it was an honors class (there were only ~15 kids in there), so he knew us all. After a few weeks he recognized me, so he would chat with me in the locker room as well. 90% of our chats he would just be wearing a towel... wait for it... around his neck.

When I was young we were very poor and we ate very bad cuts of meat. I got used to ketchup on my beef and to this day I like it. I have ketchup with my steaks, whether that's a Ribeye (our usual steak) or New York Strips (which we have occasionally).

I don't understand the steak mafioso who get crazed when they hear about someone putting ketchup on a steak. If you don't like it, don't eat it. People act like you just relieved yourself on their children when you do this.

I'll also make horseradish sauce, demi glace, or sometimes a mushroom sauce for the side. It's pretty unusual for me to eat a steak without some kind of sauce, even though I really like Ribeyes without sauce, too.

It's a damn disgrace to use ketchup on a steak if it's not a tube. Steak sauce is tolerable. Mushroom and onions, fine. Demi glace and horse radish, ok.

There are only two rules when eating a steak at a fine dinning establishment, you don't order it above medium and you sure as hell don't put ketchup on it! It has all the natural succulent flavor it would ever need at any respectable establishment. Ketchup on a steak is a slap in the face to the ranchers of this great nation!

• Fire 1

I get where Knapp's coming from. I love ketchup on a lot of other types of meat. Definitely for meatloaf and I love ketchup on my roast. And I think the horseradish and other sauces sound pretty dang good as a complement.

But ketchup is where I draw the line. Well done is just beyond the pale. I remember reading months ago he likes the steak to be able to rock back and forth on the plate.

:throw

• Fire 1