What did we learn? Minnesota edition

NUance

We need QB depth in future years. Most top programs have 2 or 3 number one guys that can come in and play without much impact on the offense, but not Nebraska. Starting next year that should change, and definitely by 2018.

Most top programs would struggle if they had to go to a backup QB for an extended period of time.

The QB depth this year at NU is truly terrible though.

• Fire 2

Screens work well when we hit them.
Banderas will be missed next year (light turned on late for him but he's dependable now).
For whatever reason we give teams 5-8 yard out routes all day every day (works well when we stiffen up on D but frustrating to watch at times).
Hope the O Line improves next year because Tommy covers up a lot of issues with escapability.
I like winning against MN (I live there and don't need to badgering at work)

Learned that Fyfe can't win a game even if his life depended on it. Hope TA is healthy to go or else we are done. I also learned that our special teams coach is robbing the state of Nebraska blind. We are no threat on special teams. Can't remember the last time we blocked a punt or did anything special. Does this coach even know what special teams are about! It would be really bad if Riley does not do something about that soon.

I am happy our boys won. TA showed a lot of heart on the last drive. He is a beast. Our defense did excellent to stop Minnesota because if they tied the game, it would have been really bad.