Where is the Broken Chair???

Mavric

If it was just Nebraska trying to get rid of it, sure I'd be on board with calling out our administration and trying to keep it. The fact that Minnesota also doesn't want it either tells me that it's time to just let it go. Sure it's fun, but at the end of the day all I care about out is Nebraska getting a win vs Minnesota, not the trophy. If they get rid of it then so be it. Just my 2 cents.

It gains widespread fan appreciation. And I'm not talking about just us and Minnesota, I am talking about nationwide. Believe it or not, people from other fanbases are wanting this back too. It baffles me that they are willing to keep the Heroes Trophy and the Freedom Trophy, but not the thing that was created by fans, for fans.

This is just a lie.

If it was just Nebraska trying to get rid of it, sure I'd be on board with calling out our administration and trying to keep it. The fact that Minnesota also doesn't want it either tells me that it's time to just let it go. Sure it's fun, but at the end of the day all I care about out is Nebraska getting a win vs Minnesota, not the trophy. If they get rid of it then so be it. Just my 2 cents.

It gains widespread fan appreciation. And I'm not talking about just us and Minnesota, I am talking about nationwide. Believe it or not, people from other fanbases are wanting this back too. It baffles me that they are willing to keep the Heroes Trophy and the Freedom Trophy, but not the thing that was created by fans, for fans.

I may be totally out of the loop, but I don't get it. What am I missing that you honestly think this piece of crap that has only been in existence for 2 years is worth so much attention and discussion? If it was really significant to the teams or the universities it wouldn't be MIA. I can understand trophies for significant reasons - to honor people and rivalries (I'd love to see something between us and MSU for instance for Foltz), this is just scraps of wood that nobody really cares about but some posters here.

You are completely out of the loop. To get in the loop, read my post again. And read back in this thread. And look up how the trophy was made. It is a rivalry trophy that fans actually like, not just the people on this board, either,

This is just a lie.

Do you have facts and evidence to back your statement up? No? Okay.

I may be totally out of the loop, but I don't get it. What am I missing that you honestly think this piece of crap that has only been in existence for 2 years is worth so much attention and discussion? If it was really significant to the teams or the universities it wouldn't be MIA. I can understand trophies for significant reasons - to honor people and rivalries (I'd love to see something between us and MSU for instance for Foltz), this is just scraps of wood that nobody really cares about but some posters here.

You are completely out of the loop. To get in the loop, read my post again. And read back in this thread. And look up how the trophy was made. It is a rivalry trophy that fans actually like, not just the people on this board, either,

This is just a lie.

Do you have facts and evidence to back your statement up? No? Okay.
yeah, NM's posts were wrong, and I agreed with your original response to me. I'd be alright with something between us and MSU, but we're in different divisions, so it's highly unlikely. I really like the chair and wish they would keep it, but if they choose not to I'm fine with moving on.
  • Fire 1

I read it all buddy - and I know how it was made. Still think you are making a big deal about a piece of trash tied to the piece of trash that used to coach here.

And other than a couple Nebraska/Big 10 web pages I haven't seen anything in the news nationally that says it's "gained widespread fan appreciation". It's so wide spread and appreciated that some of the current players didn't know about it or that they were playing for it.

Its fine that you think it's cool and funny, but it's silly to say that it's a nationally admired trophy.

• Fire 1

I read it all buddy - and I know how it was made. Still think you are making a big deal about a piece of trash tied to the piece of trash that used to coach here.

And other than a couple Nebraska/Big 10 web pages I haven't seen anything in the news nationally that says it's "gained widespread fan appreciation". It's so wide spread and appreciated that some of the current players didn't know about it or that they were playing for it.

Its fine that you think it's cool and funny, but it's silly to say that it's a nationally admired trophy.

(physically straining) NM.....we agree on so many things.....!!! why???

It isn't "tied to the piece of trash that used to coach here". It's tied to a Twitter account that "mocked" a coach who used to work here.

(I can see how some "uppity ups" would be hesitant to embrace it :cheers )

Look harder.

It isn't "tied to the piece of trash that used to coach here". It's tied to a Twitter account that "mocked" a coach who used to work here.

Sorry man - it puzzles me! 😬

• Fire 1

Sorry man - it puzzles me!

Move over NM, Huskerfan2000 wants to sit in his spot :)

This is just a lie.
Youre so wrong, it hurts.

https://m.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/5dhgzq/the_university_of_nebraska_is_trying_to_hide_the/

https://m.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/5dn8ht/update_5_bits_of_broken_chair_trophy_never/

https://m.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/5dq5vc/petition_to_save_the_5_bits_of_broken_chair_trophy/

Look harder.

That's kinda my point - if it was a big deal I wouldn't have to dig to find news about it.

I'm out of this convo - carry on!

Look harder.

That's kinda my point - if it was a big deal I wouldn't have to dig to find news about it.

I'm out of this convo - carry on!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

The reddit account, if true, is less damning of a story than knapp made it out to be who won't divulge information he is privy to.

The reddit account says exactly the information I have. I really hate "insider guy" and I know that's what I'm doing here, but I can't say more than I've already said.

And I do not know where the chair is, but if I did, I'd secure it & keep it for the fans.

While the story may be that both Athletic Departments just "don't like" the chair, think of what deeper motive they may have to get rid of it.... and replace it with something else.

• Fire 1

The reddit account, if true, is less damning of a story than knapp made it out to be who won't divulge information he is privy to.

The reddit account says exactly the information I have. I really hate "insider guy" and I know that's what I'm doing here, but I can't say more than I've already said.

And I do not know where the chair is, but if I did, I'd secure it & keep it for the fans.

While the story may be that both Athletic Departments just "don't like" the chair, think of what deeper motive they may have to get rid of it.... and replace it with something else.

the deeper motive may be what i've been hearing also.

$pon$ored trophy perhaps?