Where is the Broken Chair???

Mavric

Things like this is why little by little, day by day, I'm losing interest in college football as well (along the lines of how I feel about hte NFL. I am a Chiefs fan, but i dont glue my self to the television on sundays. I put my earbuds in.) Due mainly to being busy, I found myself (mowing business on side of full time job and coaching youth sports) mowing during 3 different Nebraska games this year. There's just something happening with college football now as well. It's become such big business and big money that the fun of it is just deteriorating. I took wife and kids to the Minnesota game. it's amazing that I was just meh at the whole thing. maybe I'm getting old and grumpy. I dont know. But the purity of the game is just vanishing at a rapid pace. And then watching some fabulous state championship games the last couple days, it makes even more clear.

College football is going the way of the NFL. Sterile, awash in corporate money, less silly fun and pomp and pageantry, all color-by-numbers and boredom.

I find myself watching games to mostly study and get ideas for my kids teams. And show my kid stuff. I seriously just dont get into like I used to. You hit the nail on the head there.

Watching these high school games the last couple days and seeing the raw passion and desire (not saying that all college players have none, but lets just be honest here.......) and over the past few years, I'm coming to the conclusion that I'd rather see the NFL have their own minor league and College ball could get back to pure amateurism. I just think the product is being watered down by not only the presence of players who are looking ahead to a better deal, but also the pursuit of said players. I would rather watch a game with 11 ryker fyfes, brandon reillys, sam hahns, dylan utters vs 11 Ross Dzuriss, Webers, and Tanner Zlabs. This is not saying that ALL of our scholly players are not fun to watch. Im not saying. But we can be honest and say that some have a much more potent desire and opportunity for something bigger and better. So it just doesnt feel pure and real anymore.

Can someone make a new trophy that shows administrators from both schools stabbing their fans in the backs?

I'm re-working this.

What if it's a trophy like the statue at the Ministry of Magic from Harry Potter?

Magic_is_might.jpg

There's a wizard and witch on top and they are crushing the muggles (non-magic folk) underneath.

Switch the wizard and witch with some stuffed shirts from the universities' administrations and switch the muggles with Huskers and Gophers fans.

Thoughts?

• Fire 1

Don't remember if I saw it here or on Reddit but someone had the idea of the school that wins builds a chair and then adds the years to it with paint or whatever the more years they win consecutively. Then when the other team wins they get to smash the chair and then build a new one. Idea being that the Huskers could win 10 years in a row and when Minny gets us they get to smash this 10 year old chair and start a new one. Maintained by fans and not the schools could be a cool and really unique tradition!

This is my first trip back to this thread since my rant on page 3. I was afraid I'd get roasted, here is what I did. Not advocating everyone do this, but after my little rant I:

Unfollowed everyone associated with UNL and told them why. (After all it's just social media anyways)

I've always made it to a point to not follow student athletes so please don't think I bothered them with any of this, you shouldn't either.

I signed the petition going around, I like that someone made one, but it seemed to lean to heavy on the "We want this trophy back or to be official" tone to it which I don't think is necessary or will ever happen.

I planned on writing to HyVee and anyone else that is a sponsor to one of the "real trophies" to let them know I'm boycotting their stuff, but lets be honest I don't go to HyVee now anyway, that @#$@ is expensive, that and I'm lazy.

So this is where we are. The one trophy we care about. that has a cool backstory. That we WON...we can't display. Hell, we don't even need a spot for the "Hero" trophy...we don't even have a clue how big it is. But the broken chair, the trophy that the FANS created...is held hostage. That is a load of hot garbage.

You're making stuff up now. Was last year your first year as a Husker fan?

Can't disclose where this came from, but can say that it seems to be solid info from some other corroborating stories:

e4vU2S1.png

I don't understand why either school would be against the chair. Fans love it.

I am surprised that it is Minnesota though

Then the anonymous source should take a cellphone picture of the chair trophy along side a dated copy of a recent Lincoln Journal-Star front page -- like a real kidnapper would.

• Plus1 1

So this is where we are. The one trophy we care about. that has a cool backstory. That we WON...we can't display. Hell, we don't even need a spot for the "Hero" trophy...we don't even have a clue how big it is. But the broken chair, the trophy that the FANS created...is held hostage. That is a load of hot garbage.

Sorry. I meant FREEDOM Trophy. that's the one we have never won. Many apologies.

Sorry. I meant FREEDOM Trophy. that's the one we have never won. Many apologies.

Gotcha

Nebraska won this POS grocery store trophy in 2011, 2012, 2014.

Jesus Christ, any more fans are acting like NU has never won a game since joining the B1G.