Trump and the Press

This Fox stuff is getting interesting. It might need to be broken out into it's own thread.

Fox News is now in bed with their champion of sexual assualt, POTUS. I would be surprised if they care that much about O'Reilly's actions.

• Fire 1

This Fox stuff is getting interesting. It might need to be broken out into it's own thread.

Fox News is now in bed with their champion of sexual assualt, POTUS. I would be surprised if they care that much about O'Reilly's actions.

Yeah......but that might be forced upon them by stock holders if law suits start piling up.

Naturally:

• Fire 1

Did the same thing with Roger Ailes.

If the women accusing Trump of similar things aren't all lying, he's guilty of the same things. If he thought these 2 did anything wrong he'd have to admit to himself he did wrong too. I'm sure in his mind he thinks all of them wanted it and now they just want the media attention.

• Fire 1

Yeah, it's not just expediency and that's what's scary. He could have stayed silent; he wasn't up on the spot by this. I think he genuinely has this vindictive streak towards women and it plays well with his base -- men and women included.

It's brutal and sad :(

• Fire 2

I wish he was the leader of another country so I could be fascinated from a safe distance. I'm still not sure whether he's crazy, stupid or devious or some weird combination. Some of the stuff he does seems genius if his goal is to take over the country but at the same time seems like the act of a crazy person who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

I haven't watched a press briefing for quite a while. It appears to me that Spicer is coming in with much less of an attitude and cocky mentality against the press since his "Hitler/Chemical Weapons" episode.

He really doesn't even have a sense of humor.

That is an extraordinary sentence.

Spicer's Hitler comments aren't even just Spicey being Spicey. It's kind of the Trump administration MO. When you love someone, they're the greatest. Tremendous. The best people. When it's time to demonize, they're the worst. Didn't even know them. Trump's his own strategist. Assad is literally worse than Hitler.

It's almost hilarious how grossly irresponsible and incompetent this is, like a cheap parody... until you realize that the American people couldn't stop themselves from deciding it was basically okay to install these people to power.

• Fire 3

Spicer's Hitler comments aren't even just Spicey being Spicey. It's kind of the Trump administration MO. When you love someone, they're the greatest. Tremendous. The best people. When it's time to demonize, they're the worst. Didn't even know them. Trump's his own strategist. Assad is literally worse than Hitler.

It's almost hilarious how grossly irresponsible and incompetent this is, like a cheap parody... until you realize that the American people couldn't stop themselves from deciding it was basically okay to install these people to power.

It very much was the Trump MO. Trump constantly makes statements that are so blown out of proportion that it makes him appear clueless. An example is his, "Our current relationship with Russia is the worst in history". WTF???

Spicer had taken on the adversarial attitude of his boss. The problem is, he got taught a lesson on this one that when he makes really bad statements, he still has to face the same press the next day...and the next day...and the next day.....

Trump can make a stupid statement and then go hide.

• Fire 1

Should be for the entire administration.

What he said was bad, his first apology was horrible, but in my opinion he has stepped up and owned it and has done everything we would expect someone to do in order to acknowledge his misstep. I don't like him, but I think this particular issue can be dropped. I would however like to see him make an ample donation to the Anti Defamation League or the Holocaust Museum or something.

• Fire 1

I don't think this should be swept away, and the entire administration should be held accountable for their pattern of cavalier saber-rattling.

Any Holocaust education should probably include some information about how how the Jews were particular targets.