Trump and the Press

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/then-trump-new-york-times-fake-tips-maggie-haberman-news-lies-a7749821.html

The Trump administration appears to be providing the New York Times with fake news, after Donald Trump accused the news organisation of peddling false information.

Maggie Haberman, a White House correspondent for the The Times, suggested that Mr Trump’s team had tried sending reporters false material for stories, but that their efforts had been in vain because journalists “actually vet” the information.

How…utterly shocking.

Wonder if the caller said his name was "Baron" like he did when he wanted the tabloids to know about his dates with models.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been torn about this interview since I first heard about, and even though I often side with journalists and have my own biases in favor of the work they do, I still don't know if this was the right thing to do. Yes, he has a voice listened to by millions (including the president), and yes, holding people accountable for their views is a critical component of the journalism. But, it's more than just whether NBC could do the interview:

Jonathan Klein, a former CNN president, said in a telephone interview on Sunday night that “there’s no question that it was more than legitimate for NBC News to do this interview.”

To me, it's about should they do the interview. I think there are very good arguments for and against it, and I seem to lean one way or the other depending on my current mood.

I've been torn about this interview since I first heard about, and even though I often side with journalists and have my own biases in favor of the work they do, I still don't know if this was the right thing to do. Yes, he has a voice listened to by millions (including the president), and yes, holding people accountable for their views is a critical component of the journalism. But, it's more than just whether NBC could do the interview:

Jonathan Klein, a former CNN president, said in a telephone interview on Sunday night that “there’s no question that it was more than legitimate for NBC News to do this interview.”

To me, it's about should they do the interview. I think there are very good arguments for and against it, and I seem to lean one way or the other depending on my current mood.

I hope you are talking about Kelly when you are talking about "journalism" and not Jones.

I think the context in the sentences before and after the bolded show I'm talking about Kelly/NBC and not Jones.

I would never suggest Jones and journalism have anything to do with each other. That's far too high a praise for someone like Jones and an insult to my former profession. ;)

Today's WH press conference with Spicey allowed no video and no audio recordings. He also refused to call on CNN & WaPo.

DOES ANYBODY NOT SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?

would this not be in violation of the first amendment of the bill of rights? Can they really not allow any type of recording?