Trump and the Press

He was just sleazy - was on the phone (I think talking to someone in IRE) and asked her to come over, asked her her name, said something to the effect "she must like you she has a good smile".

Not inappropriate, but not appropriate. She came to the desk and quickly walked away and looked to exit the room.

Typical creepy old man stuff, but we should see that in the oval.

The way I read it, he prefaced the smile statement with a comment about how he was surrounded by "this beautiful press."

Edit: Here it is.

While President Trump spoke over the phone with Ireland’s new prime minister Leo Varadkar Tuesday, congratulating him on his recent win, he made eye contact with a female reporter in the room.

“We have a lot of your Irish press watching us right now,” President Trump told Varadkar, informing him that the whole conversation was taking place in a room full of journalists with cameras running.

He pointed at Irish reporter Caitríona Perry, U.S. bureau chief for RTÉ News, telling her to come over to his desk.

“We have all of this beautiful Irish press,” Trump said to the prime minister, and asked Perry, “Where are you from?”

Perry approached Trump and introduced herself.

“She has a nice smile on her face so I bet she treats you well,” Trump said.

• Fire 1

Ann Coulter critical of Hannity's blind loyalty to Trump. Yes Coulter was an early Trump supporter but she rightful says

that Hannity would support communism if Trump was for it.

Her last statement quoted below is very true: The best way to serve anyone is to tell them the truth. Be that a political, in a friendship, business, family, etc.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/ann-coulter-shreds-sean-hannity-003915895.html

"Sean Hannity, bless his heart, has the zeal of the late Trump convert," Coulter wrote in the column on her website. "He would endorse communism if Trump decided to implement the policies of 'The Communist Manifesto.'"

But to Coulter, who bills herself an early Trump supporter, it does no good to blindly praise the president.

"Those of us who have been here for a while … know how to party responsibly," she said. "The best way we serve the people we admire is to tell them the truth."

More on the feud between Hannity and Coulter

http://www.mediaite.com/online/cut-the-bs-hannity-responds-on-twitter-after-ann-coulter-says-his-show-censored-her/

Again, the media bubble at work:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/879798623223107584

I get the feeling that as long as there is a "Republican" in the white house, we will always be talking about that dern Obama.

Too good to not follow up:

I looked at the pictures of the Trump family in their golden penthouse. I felt sadness. Here is a family that has built their total image around money, possessions, power, etc. As someone noted in the original tweet, the son never looks happy, Trump never looks happy, and Melania never looks happy. If image and money all that matters in life, then you always have to do all you can to maintain it and remain on top. I'm not sad that they have much, I am sad that that is all they have. How does that affect us politically?? Well if there is no compassion in the heart, the policies that are planned and practice will follow what's in the heart. Thus we have debate about harsh immigration, health care, etc policies.

Maybe that is why Melania was seen tearing up during the singing of "How Great Thou Art" at the cathedral during the inauguration. The singer wasn't singing about Trump (who listened with arms cross - maybe offended because he thought he was the great one). There are transcending values above the world of material wealth & power. Maybe those tears was her realization she was trapped in the limited world of the material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqV2nT6tXk

• Fire 2