Trump and the Press

^^^^ This is despicable. And how do you defend the despicable. Here is a text book :koolaid2: version copied below. Can a guy get impeached for actions unbecoming of the office??

From the link:

Mr. Trump’s deputy press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, defended Mr. Trump’s tweets in an interview on Fox News.

“I don’t think that the president has ever been someone who gets attacked and doesn’t push back,” she told the Fox anchor Bill Hemmer. “This is a president who fights fire with fire and certainly will not be allowed to be bullied by liberal media, and the liberal elites within the media.”

“But is that necessary?” Mr. Hemmer asked, referring to the graphic nature of Mr. Trump’s remark about Ms. Brzezinski.

“I think what’s necessary is to push back against unnecessary attacks on the president,” Ms. Sanders replied.

Mr. Trump also received a boost from one of his stalwart defenders, Sean Hannity of Fox News, who suggested that the president’s remarks about Mr. Scarborough were justified. “Maybe liberal Joe should stop calling the @POTUS a schmuck, a liar, a thug and mentally unhinged,” Mr. Hannity

Her press briefing today was pathetic and did nothing to alleviate any criticism.

She sat there and spilled out BS that only did one thing. It made Trump happy. Everyone else sees the total BS flowing out.

well...the fox news junkies will lap the BS up with smiles on their faces. Joseph Goebbels is probably in hell turning green with envy over what fox has accomplished.

The questions they were asking were good. They were trying to nail her down. Very specific... how can Trump cry foul when he's A) previously called for unity in our country as "so important" after the Virginia shooting and B) led the charge calling Obama a secret Kenyan?

Shouldn't the President of the United States be held to higher standard than cable news hosts?

Are you going to tell your kids this behavior is OK?

The response from her was basically akin to having an argument with a teenager where they throw out every conceivable, ridiculous retort because they refuse to admit any type of responsibility whatsoever.

• Fire 2

So my question still stands:

Can a President get impeached for action unbecoming of the office?

The bigger question is will the Repubs ever get tired of all of this childishness in the WH and turn against him en mass? If the Repubs win the midterms, Catty bar the door - Trump will become even more emboldened and who knows what will flow out of that cease pool.

As a guy who has voted Repub most of my life (mostly - not all elections), I never thought I'd see the day......... :facepalm:

The bigger question is will the Repubs ever get tired of all of this childishness in the WH and turn against him en mass? If the Repubs win the midterms, Catty bar the door - Trump will become even more emboldened and who knows what will flow out of that cease pool.

As a guy who has voted Repub most of my life (mostly - not all elections), I never thought I'd see the day......... :facepalm:

Yes, he can.

Issue is that it will have to be the VP that initializes the movement, and it has to be agreed to by the cabinet (and he can fight them on it, which would then open things up to a 14 day open debate in front of Congress). Sadly nothing I've seen leads me to believe that any of them have a backbone or a thought of their own. Unless there has been activity from below and aside that we aren't aware of, and there's certainly some rumbles of discontent congressmen, I don't see it happening.

There was a really great overview of the possibilities on NPR recently - I'll try to find it. One of the better 20 mins I've spent.

EDIT: give it a read TG, I think you'll like it: http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526857048/trump-s-fitness-to-serve-is-officially-part-of-the-discussion-in-congress

• Fire 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cyberbullying-advocate-melania-trump-defends-presidents-brzezinski-tweets-163041400.html

Kind of a conflict don't you think: Melania's 'cause' was to reduce cyberbullying yet her husband engages in it daily with his tweets.

Part of the article:

The disconnect between Melania Trump’s promise and her husband’s campaign tactics were quickly noted. Lady Gaga, the pop star and antibullying advocate, tweeted at her, saying, “to say u will stand for ‘anti-bullying’ is hypocrisy. Your husband is 1 of the most notorious bullies we have ever witnessed.”

And through five months of a Trump White House, there has been no movement on Melania’s program as the president continues to use his platform to attack everyone from his predecessor to a union leader in Indianapolis to Snoop Dogg.

“Mrs. Trump is being very thoughtful when it comes to building out her initiatives,” said spokesperson Stephanie Grisham in a May statement to USA Today, adding that she values “quality over quantity” in assembling her staff.

However, a White House official told Politico earlier this month that the issue was no longer a priority.

According to that story, “It’s still not clear exactly what initiative Melania Trump will make her platform — during the campaign, she said she would use the role of first lady to speak out against cyberbullying. But that initiative has since been cast aside, another White House official said.”

It went on to say, “Her spokeswoman, Stephanie Grisham, claimed Melania Trump is still passionate about the issue, even though she has yet to highlight it in any public appearance. ‘While cyber-bullying is something she speaks out against, that is but one subset of her focus around the overall wellness of children,’ Grisham said in an email.”

The first lady has not mentioned bullying of any kind since taking office and has not outlined any other planned proposals.

Yes, he can.

Issue is that it will have to be the VP that initializes the movement, and it has to be agreed to by the cabinet (and he can fight them on it, which would then open things up to a 14 day open debate in front of Congress). Sadly nothing I've seen leads me to believe that any of them have a backbone or a thought of their own. Unless there has been activity from below and aside that we aren't aware of, and there's certainly some rumbles of discontent congressmen, I don't see it happening.

There was a really great overview of the possibilities on NPR recently - I'll try to find it. One of the better 20 mins I've spent.

EDIT: give it a read TG, I think you'll like it: http://www.npr.org/2017/05/04/526857048/trump-s-fitness-to-serve-is-officially-part-of-the-discussion-in-congress

I'll go to the link but I believe we are talking about illness, etc that prevents the president from fulfilling the duties of the office. What if the guy is a complete Jack. A.. in office. Not sure they can remove for that.

Yes, he can.

I'll go to the link but I believe we are talking about illness, etc that prevents the president from fulfilling the duties of the office. What if the guy is a complete Jack. A.. in office. Not sure they can remove for that.

Here's the wording from the constitution:

The Constitution, Article II, Section 4:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Yes, he can.

They can for mental illness. I think it would be pretty easy to prove that is the reason for is jack a'ness.

Yes, he can.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

I may be misunderstanding your post, but the illness comes in the 25th amendment to the constitution. It was added in 1967. (after they realized during the Kennedy shooting, had he lived he might not have been fit to serve).

Yes, he can.

I may be misunderstanding your post, but the illness comes in the 25th amendment to the constitution. It was added in 1967. (after they realized during the Kennedy shooting, had he lived he might not have been fit to serve).

I thought TG was specifically asking about him being a Jack. A. and not illness.

EDIT: Here's the text of Section 4 of the 25th Amendment:

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.
Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.
Edited by RedDenver