Trump and the Press

Very interesting investigative work by USA Today (never thought I'd type that out). Particularly interesting that federal agencies had been there investigating prior to USA Today going in. Fingers crossed there are multiple investigations ongoing to lock up his impeachment. Please, please, please.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/20/trump-owns-250m-condos-and-you-could-buy-one/100566302/

I understand the want for the impeachment of Trump, but I see Pence as just as scary. On one hand, I don't want Trump as President, on the other hand I'm scared of what Pence would do if he took that role. At least with Trump we all see he's a bumbling idiot that has no clue. Pence has a clue and is a scary scary person with some of his views on LGBT, immigration, etc.

• Fire 2

Very interesting investigative work by USA Today (never thought I'd type that out). Particularly interesting that federal agencies had been there investigating prior to USA Today going in. Fingers crossed there are multiple investigations ongoing to lock up his impeachment. Please, please, please.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/20/trump-owns-250m-condos-and-you-could-buy-one/100566302/

I understand the want for the impeachment of Trump, but I see Pence as just as scary. On one hand, I don't want Trump as President, on the other hand I'm scared of what Pence would do if he took that role. At least with Trump we all see he's a bumbling idiot that has no clue. Pence has a clue and is a scary scary person with some of his views on LGBT, immigration, etc.

I"m beginning to wonder if the best case scenario is us fumbling our way through a full four years of a completely incompetent Trump administration.

I agree with your critiques of Pence. I think he's much more dangerous, in the sense that he has extensive legislative and governing experience, none of which made him popular at all outside of strongly conservative circles. But he still knows how to get up in front of people and use snappy soundbites and sell something in a way that seems palatable, even if the thing itself is rather awful. I can't remember how many conservatives I heard applaud Pence after his debate with Kaine, saying how refreshing and adult he seemed.

The problem was that he got up there and used typical politician-speak and lied about nearly everything he said. He flatly denied some very basic truths about his running partner.

Compare that to Trump, he just gets up in front of a mic or on his Twitter and babbles incoherently about how amazing and wonderful everything that he touches is.

I think Pence views Trump as a means to an end. He's either hoping he gets impeached and forfeits the spot to his VP or wants Trump to somehow survive a full 8 years (or decide to retire after 4) and allows him to take over as heir apparent.

Again, the best those who don't live and breathe conservative doctrine might hope for COULD be four years of Trump failing to get much of anything done, and a sweeping out of the bums in 2020...

As much as I don't like Pence's stances I would say Pence>Trump. Right now our country looks like a bunch of jackasses with an idiot savant ring leader. Look at him, he is AMAZING! Why is he amazing? We aren't sure but he is great at getting everyone to believe some of the most outlandish things you could think of. As long as Trump is our leader we are liable to get played by another country at a moments notice

Trump isn't fit for the presidency. Bring on Pence and put his brand of Republican politics out there on full display -- along with the democratic resistance that I hope comes with it.

democrats resisting what else would be new?

I'm interested in a deeper explanation on this comment.

Trump isn't fit for the presidency. Bring on Pence and put his brand of Republican politics out there on full display -- along with the democratic resistance that I hope comes with it.

democrats resisting what else would be new?

Say hello to Republicans during Obama's entire presidency.

Both parties love presenting themselves as spinning sh*tstorms of ineptitude.

• Fire 2
  • 2 weeks later...