Husker Coordinators

Mavric

Langford at least has the excuse of not having his players yet, and we are getting more pro style guys in. Our defense has decent guys here and it doesn't seem like we got better guys coming in. Soooo. Fire banker

Yeah, who the hell does this Langford character think he is? We should fire him. We should fire all the other guys that don't exist as well. Harumph!

Honest question. What are the thoughts that a head coach from a non-power 5 would come to NU as a coordinator. i.e. Calhoun from Air Force as OC? Guys who have a proven track record.

IMHO, Langs and Banker both need to go. Our offense has no "bread and butter" plays. No ability to disrupt an aggressive D. A hodge podge of crap like Becks "multiple" where we are ok at a lot (that's being gracious) and good at nothing.

Defense. Needs no explanation.

Cav can go as well.

This was the .504 braintrust we got saddled with.

Langford at least has the excuse of not having his players yet, and we are getting more pro style guys in. Our defense has decent guys here and it doesn't seem like we got better guys coming in. Soooo. Fire banker

So can we criticize Langsdorf for leaving our tackles on a island all night? It only took me a handful of plays to figure out that Gates couldn't handle their DE and we needed to use a TE or RB to help him out.

Honest question. What are the thoughts that a head coach from a non-power 5 would come to NU as a coordinator. i.e. Calhoun from Air Force as OC? Guys who have a proven track record.

IMHO, Langs and Banker both need to go. Our offense has no "bread and butter" plays. No ability to disrupt an aggressive D. A hodge podge of crap like Becks "multiple" where we are ok at a lot (that's being gracious) and good at nothing.

Cav can go as well.

Where's the talent? That's what we need, we were outclassed again today, which I thought we would be especially given we were starting a walk on QB.

We've been bitching about coaching for 15 years but it's the talent level that has really slipped in this program. That's what needs to change.

So can we criticize Langsdorf for leaving our tackles on a island all night? It only took me a handful of plays to figure out that Gates couldn't handle their DE and we needed to use a TE or RB to help him out.

Yes you are spot on. I think there was a bit of help in the 4th quarter but geez, talk about failure to adjust.

Cav can go as well.

Where's the talent? That's what we need, we were outclassed again today, which I thought we would be especially given we were starting a walk on QB.

We've been bitching about coaching for 15 years but it's the talent level that has really slipped in this program. That's what needs to change.

great coaches attract great players!!!!

Cav can go as well.

I'll disagree with the offensive not having bread and butter plays. It has them, the bubble screen, the jet sweep, and the RB over center/off guard.

Total garbage.

Cav can go as well.

Our talent level isn't below Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, or Purdue.

• Fire 1

I don't agree with firing anybody else at this point - but please tell me why some of you think Bray is a shoe in for DC or would be good at it? No experience right?

I don't know if he'd be a good DC. But he's a really good recruiter. And he can't be any worse than the DC we have now.

Cosgrove.

Last year's defense was basically the same as Cosgrove's last defense.

• Fire 1

I don't agree with firing anybody else at this point - but please tell me why some of you think Bray is a shoe in for DC or would be good at it? No experience right?

I don't know if he'd be a good DC. But he's a really good recruiter. And he can't be any worse than the DC we have now.

Cosgrove.

I actually think that Callacrap and Cosgrove would be more successful in the B1G than our current staff.

Are you big on firing Banker because of the Ohio State game?

No. His defensive scheme last year was an abomination. This year's is significantly better but still nothing great. We've benefited from playing a lot of terrible offenses. The only two good offenses we've played this year we had trouble stopping (Oregon, without their best offensive player for most of the game) or literally couldn't stop at all (Ohio St.).

So I'm not a Banker fan. Although the reason I bring that up - and why it's in this thread - is because I think Bray is going to start getting calls and we may have to find a way to get him a promotion to keep him. Probably not this year but it's not going to be long. And I think losing him would be bad - worth shipping Banker out to keep him.

I think Banker would be a championship coach if he had eleven 5-star player capable of self improvement. Maybe next year, or the next, or the next ????

Cav can go as well.

I'll disagree with the offensive not having bread and butter plays. It has them, the bubble screen, the jet sweep, and the RB over center/off guard.

Total garbage.

Haha. I should've clarified. "That work"

Cosgrove.

at this point if you want to win as hcmr and the ad say they do banker has to go and it's not an option.if they feel Lang's and cav are needing to leave as well then Riley himself needs to evaluate his own abilities.he brought these clowns here.

Haven't read this thread, but shouldn't Bray's seat be getting warm? LB play this year was not good to put it kindly. They were maybe the worst tackling unit out their, they consistently over pursued, blitzes rarely if ever got home, and they bit hard on any run action by the offense. Arguably LBs were our weakest link on defense this season. I was not impressed with him...