So frustrating when

Roll Skers

Nebraska had a chance to lose nearly every game they played this year and won 9 of them.

Had a chance to win a 10th but lost.

And got beat soundly in 2 of them.

While the injuries and performances were lackluster all year there is PLENTY to be happy about for the season. It SUCKS getting blown out by Iowa but don't let your butt-hurt pride block your vision.

I've heard for the last two seasons, it's not the number of losses it's how you lose. Blowouts to OSU, Iowa, and f'ing Purdue (last year before the garbage time TDs) are just as bad as any Wiscy loss during Bo's tenure.

If 9 wins weren't good two years ago, why is it plenty to be happy about today?

Bo didn't get fired for his record. He got fired for alienating himself from the rest of the athletic department and turning the kids against the rest of the athletic department. Stop saying it was about his record. It most certainly was not.

Nebraska had a chance to lose nearly every game they played this year and won 9 of them.

While the injuries and performances were lackluster all year there is PLENTY to be happy about for the season. It SUCKS getting blown out by Iowa but don't let your butt-hurt pride block your vision.

I've heard for the last two seasons, it's not the number of losses it's how you lose. Blowouts to OSU, Iowa, and f'ing Purdue (last year before the garbage time TDs) are just as bad as any Wiscy loss during Bo's tenure.

yep shows where we are at!

Better enjoy this year, as next year will almost certainly be a reversion to the mean (and Riley's mean is .500 ball). Looking at the schedule next year, I can easily see 6 losses. Easily. So, as bad as getting curb stomped twice in the last 3 games is, better enjoy it because it will almost certainly be worse next year.

• Fire 1

Bo didn't get fired for his record. He got fired for alienating himself from the rest of the athletic department and turning the kids against the rest of the athletic department. Stop saying it was about his record. It most certainly was not.

1. There are plenty of coaches that act like Bo but don't get fired because of wins. If Bo had won at least a conference championship he'd still be coaching at Nebraska.

2. I didn't say anything about why he was fired, I clearly stated that I heard that it's not about number of wins it's how you lose. That was here, on this board. People defending Riley's 7 loss season by saying that at least there were no blowouts. Fans on this board still call him 408 or PeLLLLini. I guess they're complaining about his character?

3. It doesn't matter why Bo got fired, we need to stop making bullsh#t excuses for Riley. He was given a team that won 9 games, promptly lost 7, then was blown out by OSU and Iowa. Right now I give 0 fu#*$ that he's a great guy, his job is to win games and he isn't so good at his job.

• Fire 1

I love Tommies heart and passion but dadgumit I can't wait to get a qb that can make more than one read on a pass play.

To many yolo bombs from Tommy today. Even the announcers commented on it several times. Once, Westercatch was standing there wide open and Tommy went for the home run.

1. There are plenty of coaches that act like Bo but don't get fired because of wins. If Bo had won at least a conference championship he'd still be coaching at Nebraska.

2. I didn't say anything about why he was fired, I clearly stated that I heard that it's not about number of wins it's how you lose. That was here, on this board. People defending Riley's 7 loss season by saying that at least there were no blowouts. Fans on this board still call him 408 or PeLLLLini. I guess they're complaining about his character?

3. It doesn't matter why Bo got fired, we need to stop making bullsh#t excuses for Riley. He was given a team that won 9 games, promptly lost 7, then was blown out by OSU and Iowa. Right now I give 0 fu#*$ that he's a great guy, his job is to win games and he isn't so good at his job.

we use 408 and Pellllini to mock him cuz the guys an unhinged jackwad

i am starting to hate Nebraska fans. 9-3 is yuck? maybe Bo was right when he said f#*k those fans. nothing is good enough for you guys.

Well, we were told by the Nebraska administration that 9-3 wasn't good enough and that's why the fired Bo.

So.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

After multiple 9-3 seasons. The keyword is multiple.

Bo had 7 years to get past 9-4, 10-4. He didn't, and the combination of his attitude and on-the-field results is what did him in.

I expect that, if Riley can't get past the same hump in the same time frame that he too will be let go or retire.

I love Tommies heart and passion but dadgumit I can't wait to get a qb that can make more than one read on a pass play.

To many yolo bombs from Tommy today. Even the announcers commented on it several times. Once, Westercatch was standing there wide open and Tommy went for the home run.

Story of his career. Watching the all-22 has to be a chore for Langsdorf.

i mean at some point it is on the coaching staff

i am starting to hate Nebraska fans. 9-3 is yuck? maybe Bo was right when he said f#*k those fans. nothing is good enough for you guys.

Ok here's my issue with this statement: it's not the record it's the getting blown out by teams with similar talent. We have the money and facilities to compete with anyone in the country yet we're not. We as fans (you) are getting complacent. First step to becoming an iowa type program. You should be ashamed of yourself as a Nebraska football fan honestly.

i mean at some point it is on the coaching staff

Both staffs because he's had the same problem his entire career. Maybe he just isn't cut out to be a big time QB

This year's 9-3 is somewhat hollow - no wins against any teams considered even within the top 40. That's tough. We beat every team we were supposed to, except for Iowa (depending on your perspective - they were favored, and Sagarin had them ranked higher than us), and lost to the teams that were supposed to beat us.

However, Riley is owed every ability to be given time and space to see how far he can climb up the mountain. Do people not understand that Bo was given seven years of this to improve? The point was already made, but it's true - it's not just the fact that we achieved that benchmark under Bo. We gave him yearsssss to be able to do any better and he couldn't. We can at least give Riley one or two of those years to have the same opportunity.

If he doesn't get there, so be it. Enjoy the ride, appreciate and respect the commitment of our coaches and these players regardless of their W-L record, and hope for something better in the future. If he does, awesome! We're all proven wrong in the best way.

• Fire 4

In keeping with the theme of this topic...So frustrating when people think that an average coach with a less than average crew can actually take us from the dark ages and into national relevance. Winning coaches with winning attitudes can do that for us. Mike Riley is a nice guy who is loyal to his buddies who saw a chance to get some Nebraska money for him and his buddies before retiring. He is not the one that will save us from mediocrity.

You can give him all the excuses you want but I am not biting. Look at what Paul Chryst at Wisconsin did since he took over. His team is a solid #6 and might even make the playoffs if they win the Big 10 championship. I don't think 10% of football nation even knew who this guy was before he took over at Wisconsin. Look at Petersen at Washington. His team is 11-1 and also has a chance at making the playoffs. Now compare those two programs to us. Over the past month, we have been embarrassed two times on national TV and we have proven everyone right that we are a pretender. We will finish once again outside the top 25 and we can only hope to get a favorable match up so we have a chance to win our bowl game. I choose Washington and Wisconsin because they are not better places for recruits than Nebraska.

As a husker fan who loves his team, his state, and the great Nebraska tradition, I want more for my team than a shallow 9-3 season with embarrassing loses. We need to start looking for a young and talented coach that will start rebuilding this program the right way rather than patching it in hopes that they can continue to take our money and retire rich. It seems like so many great teams went out and got the right coaches and we went and got ourselves two-day leftovers.

Ummm....maybe because this is still Bo's team that he recruited and we haven't yet seen this staff with their players? Just a thought.

• Fire 1