So is O'Brien a bust

Tanner Lee will be your starting QB for next season. People also have to realize that he will be 22 years old come the start of next season. That helps a lot in experience, not just in football, but maturity of life itself. Also doesn't hurt he has started 2 years in D1 football. O'Brien can work hard to take over during the season or even in 18' but it won't happen initially. Watching some highlights of him at Tulane and he looks solid for what he had to work with.

Tanner Lee will be your starting QB for next season. People also have to realize that he will be 22 years old come the start of next season. That helps a lot in experience, not just in football, but maturity of life itself. Also doesn't hurt he has started 2 years in D1 football. O'Brien can work hard to take over during the season or even in 18' but it won't happen initially. Watching some highlights of him at Tulane and he looks solid for what he had to work with.

you mean you actually watched the film? I thought we were supposed to take the word of a guy known by a guy who's freind was on facebook that Lee wasnt very good, and that Obrien wasnt as good as advertised.

Nice exaggeration. Actually I don't need film, because I've seen Lee play numerous times here in Louisiana. Of course his film is going to show his positive highlights. Also... was I the one who started this thread? No. So apparently others have heard the same things I've heard.

For the record, I saw Jared Crick play his senior year in HS and thought maybe he was a decent walkon candidate but was surprised we had offered him a scholarship.

He did a nice job last night on Sunday Night Football.

Nice exaggeration. Actually I don't need film, because I've seen Lee play numerous times here in Louisiana. Of course his film is going to show his positive highlights. Also... was I the one who started this thread? No. So apparently others have heard the same things I've heard.

This thread was started with an irrational assumption POB should have started over Tommy so I don't think you want to tie yourself to OP
  • Fire 1

actually the facebook thing was in regards to POB by someone else. As far as Lee goes, I'll still take the word over our coaches with proven records of evaluation who wanted him. That's my serious take.

For the record, I saw Jared Crick play his senior year in HS and thought maybe he was a decent walkon candidate but was surprised we had offered him a scholarship.

He did a nice job last night on Sunday Night Football.

Crick was a solid 3-star coming out of HS. Lee was barely a 2-star. Now, I know ratings aren't always accurate -- Ameer Abdullah is a prime example -- but there were a lot of things about Lee which concern me (accuracy, arm strength, putting too much air under the ball/floating a lot of passes). Seemed pretty average to me, but then again I see a lot of elite talent down here.