Showtime Running For His Life: Lawerence Phillips

It makes me question if the systems in place to handle those from broken homes and with propensity for violence are designed effectively. I am talking about child services and the prison system, primarily. Nothing against anyone who works in these institutions. In fact, I have colleagues and family members who do. I think Coach Osborne's raises the greatest issue here in that there are thousands of "Lawrences" that we have to find a way to reach, not only for their sakes but for others.

Well done! Such a tragic story. Hard to watch such a talented, troubled man not be able to outrun his demons. Really feel for kids that go through that lifestyle. Being in education you see kids come through that have survival skills, but a complete lack of love and nurturing in there life really sets them behind the 8 ball.

Well done! Such a tragic story. Hard to watch such a talented, troubled man not be able to outrun his demons. Really feel for kids that go through that lifestyle. Being in education you see kids come through that have survival skills, but a complete lack of love and nurturing in there life really sets them behind the 8 ball.

The people who bag on Lawrence for his issues have no idea what it's like to grow up living in fear every single day. I do. So do my siblings. To this day I would call 6 of my 7 siblings broken people. Only two of us have managed to overcome what we went through as children.

And that's all I have to say about that.

• Fire 2

The people who bag on Lawrence for his issues have no idea what it's like to grow up living in fear every single day. I do. So do my siblings. To this day I would call 6 of my 7 siblings broken people. Only two of us have managed to overcome what we went through as children.

Sorry to hear this, Elf.

I suspect the vast majority of the world's problems stem from broken children.

• Fire 2

Wow. I don't always agree with you on football but I wish you and your siblings the best.

Just got done watching this and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't tear up a few times. God bless.

• Fire 1

Sorry to hear this, Elf.

I suspect the vast majority of the world's problems stem from broken children.

Honestly, there are a lot of problems in this world. It seems overwhelming to me. I grew up disadvantaged but I seem to be around a lot of people who have been very successful, it really kind of skews how one views the world.

I guess that living in the heartland isolates one from much of that, too.

I feel this ^^^^ to the core of my being.

One more thing, people can say "well, he should have known better", "he was an adult". If folks knew how powerful and impactful upbringing can be, I think they would think differently. i went through things as a kid.....and to this day still bothers me. That was three decades ago.