Huskers vs. Gardner-Webb

Mavric

What exactly does he mean when he says this is an upset "so to speak"? It's obvious this team has enough talent to compete in the Big 10 but this loss and others are solely on miles and his staff.

He is referencing pooping the bed to Incarnate Word, Samford, and Gardner Webb all in the last couple years in december

Turnovers were huge in this game, we had costly turnovers that hurt us. We gotta shoot way better from the line because those are free points. In general, we need to shoot better, have these guys shoot a ton of shots at practice and work on some defense. Need to start playing harder and faster to win these games. It would be fantastic to get 7 wins in conference with this team, need more than three guys to start scoring. The role players are not showing up, forcing Webster to try to do something.

What exactly does he mean when he says this is an upset "so to speak"? It's obvious this team has enough talent to compete in the Big 10 but this loss and others are solely on miles and his staff.
He is referencing pooping the bed to Incarnate Word, Samford, and Gardner Webb all in the last couple years in december
Yea I get that part. But to me this isn't an upset "so to speak". Saying that makes it sound like those teams are more talented than we were and that's absolutely false. Those teams just wanted to win more on that day.

Yea I get that part. But to me this isn't an upset "so to speak". Saying that makes it sound like those teams are more talented than we were and that's absolutely false. Those teams just wanted to win more on that day.

So are you saying those schools are better than NU??? None were favored nor seen as an equal to a P5 school(which NU somehow can masquerade as), so them winning is an upset. The so to speak is Tim maybe saying people think NU is better in all facets of the game but he knows parts of that thought process is very untrue

So are you saying those schools are better than NU??? None were favored nor seen as an equal to a P5 school(which NU somehow can masquerade as), so them winning is an upset. The so to speak is Tim maybe saying people think NU is better in all facets of the game but he knows parts of that thought process is very untrue
No. I was just trying to figure out why Miles said it the way he did. Those are teams that Nebraska should beat every time out, especially being a home game. It's almost as if he doesn't think his team is as good as we think it should be.

No. I was just trying to figure out why Miles said it the way he did. Those are teams that Nebraska should beat every time out, especially being a home game. It's almost as if he doesn't think his team is as good as we think it should be.

Well refer to the coaching side of things than I guess

So, for Jordy to average 30 minutes a game...he will need to start playing 85 minutes a game for the rest of the season!

Miles has done EVERYTHING right. He marketed himself to the fans and the media, he played the lovable-nerdy coach shtick perfectly and he made himself a millionaire. I give him all the credit in the world for pulling that off.

So, for Jordy to average 30 minutes a game...he will need to start playing 85 minutes a game for the rest of the season!

Miles has done EVERYTHING right. He marketed himself to the fans and the media, he played the lovable-nerdy coach shtick perfectly and he made himself a millionaire. I give him all the credit in the world for pulling that off.

He did everything right except put a winning program on the court after this many years.

Man I really want to support Miles and really want him to do well but this is very alarming. I'd second that we need more of Roby and less of McVeigh. Jacobsen really has regressed from last year and for some reason now Glenn Watson can't score? Our offense is terrible and no movement without the ball. With all the talent we have we are really under performing. Let's hope they can turn it around or Miles' seat will burn down.