Gates Looks to Set Tone for Off-Season

Mavric

“There’s definitely a lot of things we can fix, and that’s what me and Jerald plan to do in this offseason,” Gates said. “We’re definitely gonna get on people’s butts and get after them. So we’re not going to be everybody’s best friends, like it kind of was this year.”

Gates will be a third-year starter in 2017 and the ringleader at left tackle. Foster returned from a knee injury to start the last three games at left guard, Tanner Farmer started all but two games at right guard and walk-on Cole Conrad settled at right tackle with David Knevel battling an ankle injury.

The chemistry will start to show, Gates said, the longer some of the returnees work together. The potential impact of three redshirt freshmen also will be something to watch, starting with John Raridon at center.

“They’ll definitely step in and be right with us when their time comes,” Gates said. “We’re definitely excited for that.”

OWH

• Fire 2

I'm just as guilty of listening to the hype, but damn every year and the same old crap. Just do your job. Put your head down and go to work......... So many quotes and so little change.

I really hope Gates does get after it. I hope he and others hold guys accountable. I hope he acts like J Peter and terrifies his teammates. I hope he and Foster make guys terrified to mess up in a game, knowing that the locker room or practice will be worse. I hope he gets mean and plays nasty. Thats what NU misses most. Attitude.......

• Fire 2

I have absolutely no problem with a player saying that and an article bring written about it.

Guess he should have just said we suck and well suck again next year because we aren't going to work hard in the off season.

This isn't the same players saying the same things. It's new players trying to take on the leadership rolls.

Other posters are talking about how negative the OWH has been lately. Well....someone is writing positive things.

I have absolutely no problem with a player saying that and an article bring written about it.

Guess he should have just said we suck and well suck again next year because we aren't going to work hard in the off season.

This isn't the same players saying the same things. It's new players trying to take on the leadership rolls.

Other posters are talking about how negative the OWH has been lately. Well....someone is writing positive things.

But how many times have we read these stories before and nothing changes
  • Fire 1