OWH: Tough Weekend for Eichorst

Mavric

The volleyball loss was painful but not unexpected for me. It seems to me that Cook's 'best teams' according to all the pundits in terms of talent and therefore expectations in general, tend to face plant when the big moments come. I would venture that being the women's VB coach is one of the tougher coaching gigs out there as the psychological challenges in dealing with college age women are many and complex. Girls become women and the physical, mental and emotional changes, etc have got to be just much more difficult than dealing with similarly aged young men. Just a consideration - not meant to stir up some big debate about the differences vs lack thereof of men's vs. women's sports and the sexes in general.

Periods, AMIRITE?

My biggest problem with 84 has always been his lack of paragraphs. Now he has a problem with periods?

Did this guy learn anything in writing classes?

• Fire 2

The volleyball loss was painful but not unexpected for me. It seems to me that Cook's 'best teams' according to all the pundits in terms of talent and therefore expectations in general, tend to face plant when the big moments come. I would venture that being the women's VB coach is one of the tougher coaching gigs out there as the psychological challenges in dealing with college age women are many and complex. Girls become women and the physical, mental and emotional changes, etc have got to be just much more difficult than dealing with similarly aged young men. Just a consideration - not meant to stir up some big debate about the differences vs lack thereof of men's vs. women's sports and the sexes in general.

Periods, AMIRITE?

My biggest problem with 84 has always been his lack of paragraphs. Now he has a problem with periods?

Did this guy learn anything in writing classes?

+1

giphy.gif

Are people really sending "snarky emails" to the leader of the states largest multi million dollar university athletics department? If so, what the hell is society coming to? Stuff would have to rise to a pretty bad level before I would actually email him.

Email has made people a$$hole$
to push your point further, social media in general has made people a$$hole$
Those people were always arseholes. Social media just makes them visible now and it makes it seem like there's more of them. I enjoy being off the $hit.

The hires made by Eichorst have not been good hires, that is clear to me!

He has hired Riley and Williams (WBB Coach) and that is it.

Exactly. 55 is on to something.

If Eichorst was AD a few years back when a couple of the girls on the volleyball team cried and quit he probably would have fired Cook.

Are people really sending "snarky emails" to the leader of the states largest multi million dollar university athletics department? If so, what the hell is society coming to? Stuff would have to rise to a pretty bad level before I would actually email him.

People are a$$holes in general. Social media, email, the internet, etc, just gives them a public platform.

And, being able to be anonymous on social media, makes it even easier.

A fair rule of thumb I try to utilize, except admittedly fail to do so at times, is if I wouldn't say something to someone in person then I won't say it on social media.

It seems like a significant number of people don't think this way and say whatever the hell they want.

• Fire 1

So... not the best weekend for Shawn Eichorst.

Nebraska athletics wasnt exactly hitting on all cylinders anyway. But in a span of about 90 hours, Husker volleyballs dream season came crashing to a halt against Texas, Jordan Westerkamp suffered a knee injury that knocked him out of the bowl game, Mike Riley lost another recruit, Tim Miles basketball team lost a buy game to the advertising agency Gardner-Webb, Amy Williams basketball team got drilled at Creighton and, oh yeah, Bo Pelini won a thriller at Eastern Washington, sending Youngstown State to the FCS national championship game.

That last one seems pretty meaningless in the big picture, but it's insult to injury when you realize how much Nebraska is still paying the man ($128,000 a month through February 2019) and how many snarky emails Eichorst probably received from Bolievers still howling at the moon.

OWH

Wow thats really tough. Oh well, at least he is still a millionaire. I guess there's always that.

People are a$$holes in general. Social media, email, the internet, etc, just gives them a public platform.

And, being able to be anonymous on social media, makes it even easier.

Amen to that! There is just NO WAY that people act how they post in daily life. Honestly, there is no way that certain people could have a job or friends...or even be tolerated.