Hot seat

Every year we see a hot seat for head coaches. I thought it would be interesting to do thid just for Nebraska Coaches. This yr (so far) we saw Read get the axe. Here is my list of NU Football coaches who have the hottest seat:

#1 Reggio Davis- no big rb commit so far this yr and doesn't seem like a stellar recruiter in general. Our rb's have struggled last couple years more than any other time I can remember.

#2 Brian Stewart- after one yr of being secondary coach our defensive coordinator chooses to take over the safeties. In the second year we hire a secondary coach. What does this mean for stewart?

#3 Mark Banker- we made improvement and have a better supporting staff of coaches. However, we are still having too many melt downs (iowa, Ohio state) and too many big plays allowed. I know we play bend don't break but it felt like we let an awful lot of bend sometimes and always was wondering when we were gonna let up a big play or even show up at all. Time for Banker to prove he can have a great defense.

#4 Cavanaugh- offensive line flat out got smacked this yr and not just against top quality opponents. Every team has injuries so that excuse can only be used so much. Our running game is dismal and perhaps that is because of number 1 on the list or because we have more of a passing offense. Bottom line with Gates and Foster back next year and several red shirted players with tons of potential next yr it is time to start looking like a pipeline again.

#5 John Parrella- too early to tell. This is a fan favorite who walked into a bad situation and has seemed to do well so far. Why is he #5. Our defensive line still isn't getting enough pressure. Parrella may end up being one of our best coaches. Right now it is just too early to know.

#6 Donte Williams- our newest coach and he can recruit. Unlikely he will go anywhere if he lives anywhere near up to his expectations.

#7 tie Mike Riley/Danny Langsford- Riley probably only needs 7 or 8 wins next yr and he will remain our coach(whether you are for or against him). If he goes every one else probably goes too. Langsford I feel is tied to the Riley Package. I don't see him going anywhere unless Riley gets fired regardless of how our offense performs.

#9 Keith Williams- so long as he stays away from trouble with alcohol, he is our best recruiter and an awesome coach. Any program would love to have him on their staff. Even if Riley were gone we would be lucky to keep Williams (though it would be a long shot at that time).

Thoughts?

Every year we see a hot seat for head coaches. I thought it would be interesting to do thid just for Nebraska Coaches. This yr (so far) we saw Read get the axe. Here is my list of NU Football coaches who have the hottest seat:

#1 Reggio Davis- no big rb commit so far this yr and doesn't seem like a stellar recruiter in general. Our rb's have struggled last couple years more than any other time I can remember.

#2 Brian Stewart- after one yr of being secondary coach our defensive coordinator chooses to take over the safeties. In the second year we hire a secondary coach. What does this mean for stewart?

#3 Mark Banker- we made improvement and have a better supporting staff of coaches. However, we are still having too many melt downs (iowa, Ohio state) and too many big plays allowed. I know we play bend don't break but it felt like we let an awful lot of bend sometimes and always was wondering when we were gonna let up a big play or even show up at all. Time for Banker to prove he can have a great defense.

#4 Cavanaugh- offensive line flat out got smacked this yr and not just against top quality opponents. Every team has injuries so that excuse can only be used so much. Our running game is dismal and perhaps that is because of number 1 on the list or because we have more of a passing offense. Bottom line with Gates and Foster back next year and several red shirted players with tons of potential next yr it is time to start looking like a pipeline again.

#5 John Parrella- too early to tell. This is a fan favorite who walked into a bad situation and has seemed to do well so far. Why is he #5. Our defensive line still isn't getting enough pressure. Parrella may end up being one of our best coaches. Right now it is just too early to know.

#6 Donte Williams- our newest coach and he can recruit. Unlikely he will go anywhere if he lives anywhere near up to his expectations.

#7 tie Mike Riley/Danny Langsford- Riley probably only needs 7 or 8 wins next yr and he will remain our coach(whether you are for or against him). If he goes every one else probably goes too. Langsford I feel is tied to the Riley Package. I don't see him going anywhere unless Riley gets fired regardless of how our offense performs.

#9 Keith Williams- so long as he stays away from trouble with alcohol, he is our best recruiter and an awesome coach. Any program would love to have him on their staff. Even if Riley were gone we would be lucky to keep Williams (though it would be a long shot at that time).

Thoughts?

we haven't had an offensive line with depth for 10 years......this is on the head coach.

Thoughts?

we haven't had an offensive line with depth for 10 years......this is on the head coach.
This is what Riley was left with, the OL recruiting has had a huge upswing.

Thoughts?

Which one?