How has Penn State completely passed NU?

Obrien did a hell of a job identifying talent and then getting those kids to buy into Penn State not him. Franklin in turn was known as a high energy recruiter. And having solid talent in your region doesn't hurt one bit. What franklin has done to improve as a coach is surround himself with better coaches something that was not the case down in Vandy

Is this a trick question?

They have better players, better coaches and the university has done everything in their power to make the program successful....this isn't rocket science.

IF NU ever wants to be elite again, the bean counters need to open their purses and pony up some money for a quality staff. What do you expect from a life time .500 coach at the tail end of his career?

You can't win championships with a budget staff; we'll always be a middle of the road program, just accept it and move on with life.

enjoy the games with your friends, have some fun, root for the team, but don't expect to be nationally relevant any time soon.

C'mon. This has been discussed ad nauseam

^^What he said^^

hell, we are worried about going backwards next year....at this point I'm just hoping the joke is on us and the university has already had in mind that about the time MR's 4-5 years come up, the B1G money kicks in and they go put this together,,,....but I don't have a lot of faith in that...

There is obviously more to it then this, but QB play is an obvious answer.... McSorley is more productive, and less mistake-prone then Tommy ever dreamed of being.

^ I believe this is more or less the answer. Good play from the QB position will win you a lot of games.
Funny how Penn State sucked when their highly recruited, statue QB was there, and is now doing great with a dual-threat QB who is only 6'0" and 200 lbs.
  • Fire 4

There is obviously more to it then this, but QB play is an obvious answer.... McSorley is more productive, and less mistake-prone then Tommy ever dreamed of being.

^ I believe this is more or less the answer. Good play from the QB position will win you a lot of games.
Funny how Penn State sucked when their highly recruited, statue QB was there, and is now doing great with a dual-threat QB who is only 6'0" and 200 lbs.

Their o line was absolute trash with that QB.

Wasn't he there last year? Can one year make that big of a difference? Because we've been told over and over that it takes a lot of time to get your players in.

Wasn't he there last year? Can one year make that big of a difference? Because we've been told over and over that it takes a lot of time to get your players in.

Yes, but Penn State's players weren't contaminated with the Pelini virus. For example, it was so debilitating, that it prevented Nate Gerry from attending classes all semester.

• Fire 7

Yes, but Penn State's players weren't contaminated with the Pelini virus. For example, it was so debilitating, that it prevented Nate Gerry from attending classes all semester.

Hahahahahahaha

• Fire 1

And the statue QB was a sitting duck behind that trash o-line.

Yep. He was sacked 101 times in 36 games. You need a good line and a QB who can move.

Hopefully our o line improves and whoever starts next year doesn't have cinder blocks for legs

Can not be emphasized enough how big of an effect hiring Joe Moorehead has had on the program. The guy is one of the best playcallers in the nation, and will be a FBS head coach soon. They've recruited slightly better, but the talent composite only has them at 21st where as we are at 25. Just have really good coaches that make the most of that talent.

Yep. He was sacked 101 times in 36 games. You need a good line and a QB who can move.

Hopefully our o line improves and whoever starts next year doesn't have cinder blocks for legs

That statue they had moved worse than I do… Out of those 101 sacks that statue was probably responsible for 55 of them

https://streamable.com/c22b