Tournament Talk

If we win against Illinois we have 80% chance of avoiding the bottom 4 - if we lose, it is like 80% that we are in the bottom 4 (unless we pull upsets in our last two games). Here is the bracket generator for the tournament where you can see different scenarios.

http://bball.notnothing.net/big10.php?sport=mbb

With the Wisconsin loss, it is very likely Purdue will be the 1 seed. Avoiding Purdue and Michigan State would be ideal.

Our best path seems to be the 10 seed - Avoid the Play-in game / play Michigan or Iowa / then Wisconsin.

• Fire 1

Thought this was interesting from an Illini board

Independent of the roster at day 1 of the season, a coach should be able to make the tournament in year 5. It is more an indictment that we still hadn't built to a status where pundits thought we could make it to the tournament or the top half of the B1G than an effective excuse. That is the point. Regardless of whether we were expected to be in with this roster or not, by year 5, you should be getting to the tournament.

And please note, this is applicable for any P5 program, not just Illinois. 5 years is plenty for a coach to reach the NCAAT at a P5 program.

• Fire 1

Independent of the roster at day 1 of the season, a coach should be able to make the tournament in year 5. It is more an indictment that we still hadn't built to a status where pundits thought we could make it to the tournament or the top half of the B1G than an effective excuse. That is the point. Regardless of whether we were expected to be in with this roster or not, by year 5, you should be getting to the tournament.

And please note, this is applicable for any P5 program, not just Illinois. 5 years is plenty for a coach to reach the NCAAT at a P5 program.

And this is where the arguments happen. Groce and Miles got both of their teams to the NCAA tournament. Just not recently. So do you keep them around because they have? Or do you let them go because they haven't again?

• Fire 1

And this is where the arguments happen. Groce and Miles got both of their teams to the NCAA tournament. Just not recently. So do you keep them around because they have? Or do you let them go because they haven't again?

My thoughts on Groce...there is enough "evidence" that says letting him go is an okay move. Here is why

1. His conference record is horrible

2. He went after HUGE recruits and didn't get them and seemed to have no solid backup plan

3. Recruiting Chicago (real Chicago) is so slimy and Groce probably is too good of a guy for that

Thoughts on Miles

1. Conference record is horrible

2. Same as Groce he sort of has no record of doing anything great (Groce did make a sweet 16 I think)

3. Miles has started to lose at home pretty often

4. I am not sold on his recruiting. Morrow was always coming to NU. Watson was never offered by Illinois even though his brother was an Illini Legend.

I have a feeling that both Miles and Groce will be sticking around though.

My thoughts on Groce...there is enough "evidence" that says letting him go is an okay move. Here is why

1. His conference record is horrible

2. He went after HUGE recruits and didn't get them and seemed to have no solid backup plan

3. Recruiting Chicago (real Chicago) is so slimy and Groce probably is too good of a guy for that

Thoughts on Miles

1. Conference record is horrible

2. Same as Groce he sort of has no record of doing anything great (Groce did make a sweet 16 I think)

3. Miles has started to lose at home pretty often

4. I am not sold on his recruiting. Morrow was always coming to NU. Watson was never offered by Illinois even though his brother was an Illini Legend.

I have a feeling that both Miles and Groce will be sticking around though.

Can't argue with this.

Miles should be let go. But I understand the AD giving it one more year.

Groce has under performed for Illinois. But their finish this year could determine his fate.