Tournament Talk

I honestly think 18 regular season wins could do it. We've checked a lot of boxes so far that would surpass most bubble teams.

1)SOS will be top 15 or better

2.) If we get to 18 wins RPI will be top 50...probably easily top 50 in fact

3.) We already have two strong road wins

4.)one bad loss so far but you have to remember EVERY bubble team will have a bad loss which is why theyre on the bubble

Another win or two against ranked opponents and we will have one of if not the strongest resume compared to other bubble teams

If we finish top 4 and have a buy in conference tourney we are in

If we finish with 18 wins and and lose first round of conference tourney we will be really really close but probably out

18 wins and a conference tourney win we are in

17 wins and two conference tourney wins i think we are like scenario two but in this time

if we play the next 3 games 2-1 then i think we are set up really well as hard as it is to fathom after the 6-6 start. Im excited right now!

It seems like there are still a lot of tickets for Iowa and Northwestern available. I know some of it is student break, but hopefully they can get full crowds. That was so important 3 years ago when we made our run. I don't think it is a coincidence they struggled the last 2 home games when there was no atmosphere. Tell everyone you know to get there :)

It seems like there are still a lot of tickets for Iowa and Northwestern available. I know some of it is student break, but hopefully they can get full crowds. That was so important 3 years ago when we made our run. I don't think it is a coincidence they struggled the last 2 home games when there was no atmosphere. Tell everyone you know to get there :)

pretty happy they did struggle, though, because I was able to buy 3 tickets to the Iowa game for $7 a piece ;)

For us to get to 10-6 I think we need to win 8 of the following 10 conference games IMO:

vs Iowa- W

vs Northwestern

vs Ohio State

@ Rutgers

@ Northwestern

@ Iowa

Penn State

vs Illinois

@ Minnesota

vs Michigan

Games that I think aren't very likely for us to win:

@ Michigan

vs Purdue

vs Michigan State

vs Wisconsin

@ Ohio State

@ Michigan State

win 8 of 10 from the first group and sneak 1 or 2 from that second group and I don't see how you can possibly keep NU out. Our RPI will only continue to rise as we win and the rest of our out of conference schedule continues to win. Bottom line, win the games you're supposed to and steal 1 or 2 more and the rest takes care of itself

Record in first group games: 1-0

Record in second group games: 0-0

• Fire 1

IF Nebraska is going to make the tournament, home games against Iowa and Northwestern are games that the team needs to win. That is what tournament teams do.

For us to get to 10-6 I think we need to win 8 of the following 10 conference games IMO:

vs Iowa W

vs Northwestern L

vs Ohio State

@ Rutgers

@ Northwestern

@ Iowa

Penn State

vs Illinois

@ Minnesota

vs Michigan

@ Michigan

vs Purdue

vs Michigan State

vs Wisconsin

@ Ohio State

@ Michigan State

win 8 of 10 from the first group and sneak 1 or 2 from that second group and I don't see how you can possibly keep NU out. Our RPI will only continue to rise as we win and the rest of our out of conference schedule continues to win. Bottom line, win the games you're supposed to and steal 1 or 2 more and the rest takes care of itself

Record in first group 1-1

Record in second group 0-0

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this in the 2016-17 Season Notes thread originally but figured it would be worthwhile to start a thread surrounding any tournament talk for the Huskers. Here is my general outline for what we need to do the rest of the way to have a realistic shot at the tournament:

This team will continue to hit highs and lows but the good news is in the B1G this year every single team is beatable and we've seen that so far with us winning @ MD and @ Indiana

It will come down to us defending our home court. It's crucial our fans turn out and support this squad, they deserve it after the start to conference play. I was pleasantly surprised by the win on Sunday but this is where it becomes tough for a young team that is tasting success for the first time- finding the ability to sustain it.

IF Nebraska is going to make the tournament, home games against Iowa and Northwestern are games that the team needs to win. That is what tournament teams do.

vs Iowa- W

vs Northwestern- L

vs Ohio State

@ Rutgers

@ Northwestern

@ Iowa

Penn State

vs Illinois

@ Minnesota

vs Michigan

@ Michigan- L

vs Purdue

vs Michigan State

vs Wisconsin

@ Ohio State

@ Michigan State

Record in first group: 1-1

Record in second group: 0-1

I posted this in the 2016-17 Season Notes thread originally but figured it would be worthwhile to start a thread surrounding any tournament talk for the Huskers. Here is my general outline for what we need to do the rest of the way to have a realistic shot at the tournament:

This team will continue to hit highs and lows but the good news is in the B1G this year every single team is beatable and we've seen that so far with us winning @ MD and @ Indiana

It will come down to us defending our home court. It's crucial our fans turn out and support this squad, they deserve it after the start to conference play. I was pleasantly surprised by the win on Sunday but this is where it becomes tough for a young team that is tasting success for the first time- finding the ability to sustain it.

vs Iowa- W

vs Northwestern-L

vs Ohio State- L

@ Rutgers

@ Northwestern

@ Iowa

Penn State

vs Illinois

@ Minnesota

vs Michigan

@ Michigan- L

vs Purdue

vs Michigan State

vs Wisconsin

@ Ohio State

@ Michigan State

Record in first group: 1-2

Record in second group: 0-1

probably gonna put this thread on hold for a while after handing this one away.