Tournament Talk

I guess every team in the big10 is frustrated then.... That's basketball every team grabs W's and gives L's that don't seem logical. They showed a stat the other day after we lost to rutgers that they have only won like 4 games in 3 seasons in the big10. One of those W's came against Wisconsin - one of the most consistent (top) teams over the past 5 years.

For any talk to merit consideration........we HAVE to be over .500........for ANY post-season at all.

Probably need minimum of 4 of the 5 at the Vault and at least 2 of 4 on the road, before the Conference.

(for what it's worth, I think our toughest match-up remaining will be at Minny. They are long and athletic and hard to defend....especially at home)

With Nebraska's schedule I think if they finish 7-2 that'll put them at (11-7) 17-13 overall. Win two B1G tourney games and they stand a good chance of getting in.... I wouldn't put it past this team to have a deep run in the conference tournament.

ya... thats not going to happen.

Probably not... just speculating on what they would need to do if they wanted in the dance....

So.....

Seven regular season games left. We're 10-13, 4-7. Need to go 5-2 to finish the regular season at .500.

Wisconsin will be tough. At Michigan State should be tough but for some reason we play them well.

Other than that, the other five are entirely possible. But somehow we seem to be able to miss opportunities so I'm thinking 14-16 or even 13-17 are pretty likely.

It's all about avoiding the conference bottom 4 now (conference tournament play in game).

It didn't help today that:

Penn State upset Maryland (PSU now has better conf. record than Neb)

Illinois upset Northwestern (Illinois will be tied with Neb with loss Thursday)

Michigan beat Michigan State (Michigan has a one game / possibly two game lead depending on Thursday)

Basically, the worse case scenario for us going into Thursday. We are now tied for 11th (play-in game). Still a lot of games left, but something to keep an eye on.

No matter what happens Thursday, Tuesday home against Penn State is big. Winner has tie-breaker as we only play once.

• Fire 2

So.....

Seven regular season games left. We're 10-13, 4-7. Need to go 5-2 to finish the regular season at .500.

Wisconsin will be tough. At Michigan State should be tough but for some reason we play them well.

Other than that, the other five are entirely possible. But somehow we seem to be able to miss opportunities so I'm thinking 14-16 or even 13-17 are pretty likely.

Under .500...that would be another ugly record

There's 7 games left. Penn st and Illinois are the best chances at wins, then agin losing to Rutgers and garden Webb. Nothing a lock. This teams has 8 maybe 9 games left before they can go about there personal business for the year.

This team is not getting any better. Actually we are worse then about 6 years ago.

13-18(5-13) in 2015

16-18(6-12)in 2016

10-13(4-7) so far in 2017. Looking at 13-18 record at best. We may go dancing in 2019. Maybe.