Adam Carriker on Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Also missed Chris Webber at 230, Alex Davis at 255, and Avery Roberts at 215. Before you complain about Roberts, give him a shot a college strength program. As an early enrollee he's going to be at a much better weight come August/September.

Don't think I would expect Roberts to be an OLB anyway. He should be perfectly fine.

If you did catch him, Carriker was on Unsportsmanlike Conduct earlier giving his insights on the 3-4:

https://soundcloud.com/unsportsmanlike-conduct-1/jan-20-seg-12-adam-carriker-former-blackshirt

Says it's going to take a while to learn the new system... as in Years.

Says new system is total opposite of old system... could not be more different.

He also says that it immediately creates a much more unpredictable alignment for offenses to decipher. That is a big bonus in my opinion.

You are right that it sounds like an awful lot of education that is about to come our players way, but I trust that he is a solid teacher and we definitely have position coaches that will get buy in fairly quickly. He did also state that these are young guys and as opposed to NFL guys don't have a huge amount of muscle memory in the 4-3. They will be able to pick it up I think. Won't be perfect right away obviously, but I don't think it will be years till we see the benefits.

Right. Also need to realize all these guys have played in a variety of systems in HS... Most probably in a 4-3, but some will make the transition easier than us.

• Fire 1

Did you not here him say his first year at UCONN they were a top 15 defense? I think his system is adaptable and effective just based on that. He will construct the system around the players we have.

Look who they played. They play in the American Athletic Conference.

And he was not the Defensive coach of that team... he was the head coach...

Of a team that went... 2-10... 6-7... 3-9... in his 3 years as head coach.

Should we fire his ass?

Whisky goes from 211 lbs at OLB to a whopping 259....Watt and Biegel 244 and 245. But they hit and could fly....DE's were 268/267 and NG was 288.... They seemed pretty good.....

Bama-NG 319 lbs

DE 291/307

OLB 252/253 lbs

Another year in the weight room and our guys can be closer in weight. Maybe moving our DE's to OLB is an option as well. Again, a 3-4 has many different schemes.....

• Fire 1

Whisky goes from 211 lbs at OLB to a whopping 259....Watt and Biegel 244 and 245. But they hit and could fly....DE's were 268/267 and NG was 288.... They seemed pretty good.....

A lot is placed on the prototypical size for positions, but if you can play you can play.

Exactly. When bill Parcells took over Dallas and they switched to 3-4. The MLB's were Dat Nguyen and Dexter Coakley. They were considered tiny and did just fine for a few seasons to help transition.

Bama-NG 319 lbs

DE 291/307

OLB 252/253 lbs

Another year in the weight room and our guys can be closer in weight. Maybe moving our DE's to OLB is an option as well. Again, a 3-4 has many different schemes.....

HCMR did mention liking the idea of Freedom there... so he could be moving or occaisionaly playing OLB