Nebraska vs Rutgers

Hmmm...next year? Just my quick thoughts.

1. One legit guy that can get his own shot will be gone.

2. Watson is really good but Watson is really scouted now. Big Ten Coaching is no joke (Except at Rutgers, NU and Illinois) His numbers will be solid still.

3. People need to get off the Jordy train...What you are seeing this year is what you are going to get.

4. I do fear that Morrow will not play this year again...I also worry he will always have foot issues.

5. Miles, next year, will have a team of wings but won't press and wont run.

Hmmm...Next year?

1) one of our 2 solid guards will be gone

2) every other player on the team gets one year older and better

3) we add more talent that will help immediately

The conference is down this year Next year every team is going to have guys that have another year of experience as well And all those teams are going to bring in pretty solid recruiting classes that will probably be ranked higher than Nebraska With coaches that are already better than miles

Miles will be here for awhile, so you better get some medication for depression!
You are probably right!

2. Watson is really good but Watson is really scouted now. Big Ten Coaching is no joke (Except at Rutgers, NU and Illinois) His numbers will be solid still.

3. People need to get off the Jordy train...What you are seeing this year is what you are going to get.

4. I do fear that Morrow will not play this year again...I also worry he will always have foot issues.

Hmmm...Next year?

The conference is down this year Next year every team is going to have guys that have another year of experience as well And all those teams are going to bring in pretty solid recruiting classes that will probably be ranked higher than Nebraska With coaches that are already better than miles
Miles will be here for awhile, so you better get some medication for depression!
You are probably right!

Unless we change Athletic Dir. , I think Miles has at least 2 more years to show he can take us to the next level.

Hmmm...Next year?

The conference is down this year… Next year every team is going to have guys that have another year of experience as well… And all those teams are going to bring in pretty solid recruiting classes that will probably be ranked higher than Nebraska… With coaches that are already better than miles…

The conference being down this year is an interesting comment. Yes the league doesn't have any elite teams this year, however we are probably still looking at 7-10 teams that make the dance. Having 3 teams in the top 8 and 5 more that are near the top 25 is no different for NU then just having 8 in the top 25 - because NU has about the same chance of beating a top 25 team that it has beating a top 8 team. This in not really a knock on NU - just the facts.

Hmmm...Next year?

The conference being down this year is an interesting comment. Yes the league doesn't have any elite teams this year, however we are probably still looking at 7-10 teams that make the dance. Having 3 teams in the top 8 and 5 more that are near the top 25 is no different for NU then just having 8 in the top 25 - because NU has about the same chance of beating a top 25 team that it has beating a top 8 team. This in not really a knock on NU - just the facts.

Maybe 8 teams get in....maybe..... MD, wisky, Purdue, Indy, MSU are virtual locks. Then we have NW, Min and Michigan on the bubble. Everyone else will need to get hot thru the tourney. I'm thinking 7 make it.

Hmmm...Next year?

Maybe 8 teams get in....maybe..... MD, wisky, Purdue, Indy, MSU are virtual locks. Then we have NW, Min and Michigan on the bubble. Everyone else will need to get hot thru the tourney. I'm thinking 7 make it.

Currently Lunardi has Maryland, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan State and Minnesota in with Northwestern being the lowest seed at #9. So those seven are relatively safe at the moment. Only other B1G team on his lists are Michigan as the last of the Next Four out - basically 8th in line to get in.

In a span of 63 hours (2 ½ days); the Husker basketball team managed to derail an entire season. From 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday until 1:00 p.m. on Saturday……….365 days of lifting, practicing, scouting, training and preparation were reduced to rubble, most probably ending any shot at any postseason, or even a record above .500.

The stats and errors are mind-boggling. From free throw catastrophes vs. OSU to sleepwalking 1st half effort vs. Rutgers, the number of things that had to go sideways to end up with the two consecutive loses defies mathematical historical norms.

Missing your final 17 shots in the first half? Having a 5 point lead with 1 ½ minutes left in the game and not even getting another shot OFF? Having both loses occur with a cumulative 2.7 seconds remaining in both games? Having the two worst calls (no traveling, but phantom fouls called suspiciously right at the end of the game? Really shouldn’t even mention the fouls, because we did enough to lose on our own…..but really, those two blown calls were momentous).

Anyone else wonder why our Hail Mary attempts in both games featured the “Laetner gambit”? Almost never works or even gets a shot off. Wondering why hitting a cutter at midcourt with momentum towards the basket might at least give someone a look at a shot?

In a year in which the conference is so balanced and there for the taking, it’s especially galling. Even BEFORE the Rutgers game (and after the OSU fiasco); a win in New Jersey would have put us just 1 game in the loss column from 1st place. Now, this loss puts us just 1 game from LAST).

Plenty of blame to go around from coaching to weird substituting patterns to court failures to bizarre shot selections (ahh…..when 1 foot from the rim, it might be advisable to just shoot it and/or draw the foul, rather than throw it away).

I hope for the best, but it's hard to see this team overcoming what should be a 5-2 record to a 3-4. (hey, at least in football, the 3-4 number is generating a positive vibe)

• Fire 1

Missing layups is inexcusable and cost us this game, I believe we missed a few but I don't know the exact number of misses. Even with a little bit of pressure these guys should be going up strong to the hoop and be able to finish through contact most of the time. McVeigh showed us some good shooting today but turnovers and little ball movement cost us the game.

Next week will be telling of the season, we can can go 2-0 but most likely we will go 1-1. If we go 0-2 next week it will be tough to get a winning record and will most likely be a .500 or below .500 season. After that run we had to go 3-0 I thought we would be an NIT team and be a higher seed because of our SOS, now we will need to get to .500 in conference and win two tournament games to probably make it there.