Trump Foreign Policy

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump doesn't get that just because they dont hold territory anymore it doesn't mean the have been wiped out. Plus the kurds have thousands of ex fighters and sympathizers in custody if the turks invade those people will escape. 

Not to mention the turks want to resettle millions of mostly arab refugees in Kurdish areas. This will be a disaster.

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Trump doesn't get that just because they dont hold territory anymore it doesn't mean the have been wiped out. Plus the kurds have thousands of ex fighters and sympathizers in custody if the turks invade those people will escape. 

Not to mention the turks want to resettle millions of mostly arab refugees in Kurdish areas. This will be a disaster.

Trump just sanctioned genocide....and made all the sacrifices our military and the Kurds made worthless. 

I know I would be so happy if my son or daughter died for this cause only to have an idiot throw it all away.  

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump just sanctioned genocide....and made all the sacrifices our military and the Kurds made worthless. 

I know I would be so happy if my son or daughter died for this cause only to have an idiot throw it all away.  

This all benefits Russia too. It shows the U.S. won't back it's allies while Russia does. It also gets the two groups opposed to Assad to fight each other. This is beyond being a useful idiot he is making choices that are directly beneficial to America's enemies.

11 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

This all benefits Russia too. It shows the U.S. won't back it's allies while Russia does. It also gets the two groups opposed to Assad to fight each other. This is beyond being a useful idiot he is making choices that are directly beneficial to America's enemies.

I really don't buy the "Trump is secretly a cunning Manchurian candidate" theory. He's really just an ignorant, pigheaded narcissistic troll.

Sure, he probably has done some stuff to benefit Russia solely because people tell him not to and because he thinks Putin is cool. But mostly I think this particular action, like most of what he does, boils down simply to him being ignorant about most things and just happening to get manipulated by Erdogan last before making a decision.

What a sad state of affairs for a U.S. president. I mean good god, it's really that bad.

• Plus1 1