Trump Foreign Policy

I really am dumbfounded over how this is allowed to fly. In my opinion Trump needs to be removed from office. Not because I think he is a massive idiot but because it is clear there are conflicts of interest happening all of the time. This is a business move not public service and I didn't think that was allowed? Could be wrong but seems to me he should be booted on those grounds even though that will never happen

Yes, definitely they should. But they are so polarized they can't act unless it's in a partisan fashion. It's crazy, too, because Trump isn't Republican - but he won under their ticket, mouthing Republican party lines, and now they're stuck.

But it's also a factor of both the Republicans and Democrats having feckless leadership.

Think of the Democrats. Who springs to mind? Can you name five top Democrats? Can you say what they're doing? I couldn't, and I follow politics reasonably well. They're a hollow party, stuffed shirts looking for reelection and party dominance. They are not public servants.

Same goes for the Republicans. Who's running that party? Mitch McConnell & Paul Ryan. Fat lot of good they're doing, either of them. I just ran across Ryan's poll numbers:

He's doing slightly better than Trump, but not by a lot. Of course he'll get reelected, though, even though he doesn't do anything for the country or his state. But so will Pelosi. So it goes.

We're living in a country without adequate leadership, hoping that everything keeps moving forward but without much guidance to get us there. It's hugely concerning.

It is very concerning considering I don't see any change within the political system or the people within it on the horizon. How do we fix this problem? In my opinion most of the things everyday people want done won't get done right until the system putting these laws in place is corrected. The lawmakers will continue to serve the people putting money in their pockets and do just enough to get reelected. What can be done about this? I don't have the answers but I do think we as a people need to take a stand in some way or another by at least keeping the discussion going. We can't just give in to poor leadership and blindly follow. We must recognize when we are being led astray and demand to right the course. Will those demands be met? Probably not but that should not stop people from trying.

All of that being said, as crooked as our political system is we at least gave the appearance of stable leadership prior to Trump. Say what you will about Obama, Bush and Clinton, they never made our country look as foolish as we do at this point in time. The Trump presidency is unprecedented in so many ways and most of them are not good. At some point even the Rs have to realize literally anyone is going to make our country appear like we have an actual coherent plan compared to Trump. Right now the USA might as well be Trump incorporated with a military he is not sure how to use properly.

• Fire 1

How do we fix this problem?

We have to have an educated electorate who votes not based on party lines, but based on what's right. America first, not party first. Too many people have a "my team" mentality when they vote, and they don't reasonably consider who they're voting for and why.

It starts with the voter. They have to be willing to do hard work to vote. If they refuse, this country will cease to be a democracy.

• Fire 1

How do we fix this problem?

We have to have an educated electorate who votes not based on party lines, but based on what's right. America first, not party first. Too many people have a "my team" mentality when they vote, and they don't reasonably consider who they're voting for and why.

It starts with the voter. They have to be willing to do hard work to vote. If they refuse, this country will cease to be a democracy.

+1 good answer and something I can make a difference with I think at least within my own circles. Thank you.

I can see how. Carelessness, bad intel, even simple volume. You drop bombs constantly, sometimes you are going to get it wrong. Especially if these are places where new buildings, etc are being built and rebuilt. Their original defense was what, "Yes we bombed this building but the mosque was that other building in the same picture frame"?

I really am dumbfounded over how this is allowed to fly. In my opinion Trump needs to be removed from office. Not because I think he is a massive idiot but because it is clear there are conflicts of interest happening all of the time. This is a business move not public service and I didn't think that was allowed? Could be wrong but seems to me he should be booted on those grounds even though that will never happen

I'll stand up and say as a person who was critical of the Clinton Foundation, I find this equally if not more discussing. Equal because both are influence peddling & both are wrong. More, because this is now actually happening from the highest office in the land. I wonder what promises we gave China as a trade off. My guess is - not calling China a currency manipulator. Using his Florida resort, his DC hotel for govt business that profits him is full of all kinds of conflicts but this takes the cake - Ivanka personally profiting from her meeting wt the Chinese leader. If Trump remains in office for 4 or 8 years, he'll make the Clinton's look like ignorant Ark rednecks in comparison when it comes to these type of 'business' deals. The Art of the Deal has found a home in the WH.

I can see how. Carelessness, bad intel, even simple volume. You drop bombs constantly, sometimes you are going to get it wrong. Especially if these are places where new buildings, etc are being built and rebuilt. Their original defense was what, "Yes we bombed this building but the mosque was that other building in the same picture frame"?

It was a kneejerk reaction so I'll rephrase and say I think they bombed a mosque on purpose.

• Fire 1