The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

Well, here's one less liar to worry about.

Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70

Rush Limbaugh, the monumentally influential media icon who transformed talk radio and politics in his decades behind the microphone, helping shape the modern-day Republican Party, died Wednesday at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced.

Limbaugh's wife, Kathryn, made the announcement on his radio show.

The radio icon learned he had Stage IV lung cancer in January 2020 and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Trump at the State of the Union address days later. First lady Melania Trump then presented America’s highest civilian honor to Limbaugh in an emotional moment on the heels of his devastating cancer diagnosis.

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well, here's one less liar to worry about.

Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70

Rush Limbaugh, the monumentally influential media icon who transformed talk radio and politics in his decades behind the microphone, helping shape the modern-day Republican Party, died Wednesday at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, his family announced.

Limbaugh's wife, Kathryn, made the announcement on his radio show.

The radio icon learned he had Stage IV lung cancer in January 2020 and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Trump at the State of the Union address days later. First lady Melania Trump then presented America’s highest civilian honor to Limbaugh in an emotional moment on the heels of his devastating cancer diagnosis.

I've listened to Rush over lunch time for probably 20 years. Didn't always agree with his viewpoints, but he was definitely on top of current events. 

Lots of conservatives followed Rush. Plus, he was bona fide Husker fan.

RIP 

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I've listened to Rush over lunch time for probably 20 years. Didn't always agree with his viewpoints, but he was definitely on top of current events. 

Lots of conservatives followed Rush. Plus, he was bona fide Husker fan.

RIP 

Maybe its my age - it was always Paul Harvey that I listened to at lunch.   I probably teared up when I heard the news about Harvey's death. I grew up in SD hearing him on KSOO radio Sioux Falls before school and the Rest of the Story after school.  He was a Tulsa native and his police father was killed in the line of duty here in Tulsa.

I was a Rush fan for many years and then I had to turn away some years ago as well as turn from  the rest of talk radio.  I was becoming a cult member and frankly was becoming hard  hearted just listening to all of the negativity.   While I will agree with some of his positions even today(the true conservative stuff but not the trumpism, nationalism stuff, let me add - racist stuff), I had to turn away to protect my own emotions - I can't agree with the attitude. Beliefs create fruit, and I didn't like some of the fruit it was producing in me as a result of listening.   I think, to some extent, the attitudes we saw on Jan 6th were fostered by Rush, talk radio and FoxNews - constantly painting others as the enemy just because they had different solutions to the same problems the country needed solving.  Constant labeling others as liberals- as the equivalent to devil - it is no wonder there is so much hatred in political discussions.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

it was always Paul Harvey that I listened to at lunch.   I probably teared up when I heard the news about Harvey's death.

Same. Absolutely loved Paul Harvey. They used to run reruns of his shows on some station here in Lincoln and I'd still listen to him. Such good radio, delivered well, with honor and credibility.

Best part of the week was at the end and he'd sign on with, "Good morning, Americans! It's FRIDAY!"  

Miss that guy so much.