The Right-Wing Disinformation Machine

1 hour ago, Redux said:

From you're own "study"...

Follow the money

https://www.cureus.com/articles/82162-ivermectin-prophylaxis-used-for-covid-19-a-citywide-prospective-observational-study-of-223128-subjects-using-propensity-score-matching/correction/126

Correction

It has come to the attention of the journal that several authors failed to disclose all relevant conflicts of interest when submitting this article. As a result, Cureus is issuing the following erratum and updating the relevant conflict of interest disclosures to ensure these conflicts of interest are properly described as recommended by the ICMJ:

• Lucy Kerr: Paid consultant for both Vitamedic, an ivermectin manufacturer, and Médicos Pela Vida (MPV), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19.
  • Flavio A. Cadegiani: Paid consultant ($1,600.00 USD) for Vitamedic, an ivermectin manufacturer. Dr. Cadegiani is a founding member of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19.
  • Pierre Kory: President and Chief Medical Officer of the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), an organization that promotes ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19. Dr. Kory reports receiving payments from FLCCC. In February of 2022, Dr. Kory opened a private telehealth fee-based service to evaluate and treat patients with acute COVID, long haul COVID, and post-vaccination syndromes.
  • Jennifer A. Hibberd: Co-founder of the Canadian Covid Care Alliance and World Council for Health, both of which discourage vaccination and encourage ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19.
  • Juan J. Chamie-Quintero: Contributor to the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) and lists the FLCCC as his employer on his LinkedIn page.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redux said:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

Yes, if you read, there is not enough information (wonder why) to encourage or discourage the usage of Ivermectin as a treatment (not a cure, don't be dense).  

I literally post a peer reviewed, double blind study from a month ago that states Ivermectin is not effective in preventing or curing Covid and you post this from over a year ago? 

• Plus1 2

I think it would be great if Ivermectin, or any currently available drugs, were proven to be effective on Covid. Also, if somebody thinks it works and wants to take it, go ahead, I couldn’t care less. I don’t think there’s any big conspiracy against Ivermectin, it just hasn’t been scientifically shown to be effective. Furthermore IDGAF about Covid anymore. Why are people so concerned about it? The vaccines seem to be highly effective and there are better treatment options than Ivermectin. Seems like a silly thing to be pushing at this point.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it would be great if Ivermectin, or any currently available drugs, were proven to be effective on Covid. Also, if somebody thinks it works and wants to take it, go ahead, I couldn’t care less. I don’t think there’s any big conspiracy against Ivermectin, it just hasn’t been scientifically shown to be effective. Furthermore IDGAF about Covid anymore. Why are people so concerned about it? The vaccines seem to be highly effective and there are better treatment options than Ivermectin. Seems like a silly thing to be pushing at this point.

Consider the source.

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Nope.  We should be looking for treatment AND a vaccine.  Ignoring and smearing potential treatment is ridiculous.

What the f#&% are you talking about? Seriously. You have made absolutely no point that can stand on two legs.

Are you going to tell me that the people advocating for Ivermectin and Hydroxychlorine are not simultaneously undermining everything vaccine and Fauci related? Just science-minded folk trying to champion sensible alternatives? 

Talk about an echo chamber.......

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Prove eye of newt doesn't treat Covid.  I'll wait.

there are probably some scientific studies looking at that right now....you never know.  fwiw...when i had covid i took aspirin for the headaches...and i survived.....apparently it's a miracle cure that no one mentions.

17 minutes ago, commando said:

there are probably some scientific studies looking at that right now....you never know.  fwiw...when i had covid i took aspirin for the headaches...and i survived.....apparently it's a miracle cure that no one mentions.

Sudafed save my life!

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

:dunno If we’re going to start ignoring what the FDA has to say about drugs that’s really going to shake things up. Or are we supposed to trust them for only certain non-politicized things? If you’re going to claim Ivermectin should be used to treat Covid, logic dictates that you don’t take anything they do recommend. Have fun with that.

• Plus1 2

Why is anyone engaging in the discussion of Ivermectin vis a vis Covid?

Merck Statement on Ivermectin use During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

The MAKER of Ivermectin says it was not designed for, and has no effect on, treating Covid.

Full stop.

Why is HuskerBoard allowing this kind of disinformation - which has killed Americans - to be disseminated on this site?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why is anyone engaging in the discussion of Ivermectin vis a vis Covid?

Merck Statement on Ivermectin use During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Merck (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, today affirmed its position regarding use of ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic. Company scientists continue to carefully examine the findings of all available and emerging studies of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 for evidence of efficacy and safety. It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information.

The MAKER of Ivermectin says it was not designed for, and has no effect on, treating Covid.

Full stop.

Why is HuskerBoard allowing this kind of disinformation - which has killed Americans - to be disseminated on this site?

Bold of you to think that this will pierce the echo chamber the alternate reality Republicans live in.

At this point, if somebody wants to take Ivermectin to treat COVID, let them. It's their own idiotic choice to harm themselves, no different than smoking or a host of other things. 

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Bold of you to think that this will pierce the echo chamber the alternate reality Republicans live in.

At this point, if somebody wants to take Ivermectin to treat COVID, let them. It's their own idiotic choice to harm themselves, no different than smoking or a host of other things. 

Sorry! This is fine. All opinions matter.

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

*your

If you followed the money you'd know WHY any harmless treatments were cast as nonsense like Horse Dewormer in favor of vaccination.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I literally post a peer reviewed, double blind study from a month ago that states Ivermectin is not effective in preventing or curing Covid and you post this from over a year ago? 

You literally like your article more than I like mine.  LITERALLY

this is why "CITE YOUR SOURCE" is moronic in most cases

• Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

What the f#&% are you talking about? Seriously. You have made absolutely no point that can stand on two legs.

Are you going to tell me that the people advocating for Ivermectin and Hydroxychlorine are not simultaneously undermining everything vaccine and Fauci related? Just science-minded folk trying to champion sensible alternatives? 

Talk about an echo chamber.......

I guess resort to desperation?  Whatever works for ya

Fauci contradicts himself constantly.  He's not THE authority on science, you know that right?  A lot of what he predicted was wrong, a lot of the guidelines weren't perfect because we were all guessing, you know that right?

I'm advocating for treating Covid if someone gets it, and getting vaccinated beforehand if it isn't a health risk.  And by treatment I mean harmless medicines that I've debunked in the last day or so that people were calling horse dewormer.  If it works amazing and if it doesn't no harm no foul.

Echo chamber with who, myself?

• Thanks 1