Trump Legal Troubles

19 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

So, none of you actually believe that a former President is going to end up in prison, right? Because Trump is definitely not going to prison....

I know. And he’s probably not going to get re-elected either, but that’s entirely more likely. 

36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A people that were willing to challenge the preeminent military in the world 200 years ago to preserve law and order shouldn't shirk their duty to imprison a person who committed crimes against the people.

What happened to our country that this question is even asked?

I'm not saying whether he should or shouldn't. I'm just saying he won't. 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I know. And he’s probably not going to get re-elected either, but that’s entirely more likely. 

I think his re-election is very possible, if he stays in decent health.... Heck, Joe proved that doesn't even matter much.

Trump is getting ready to go on a three year campaign, I would guess.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not saying whether he should or shouldn't. I'm just saying he won't. 

Not without the support of law-abiding citizens of a free country, he won't.

But if we're arbitrarily giving the elite class a pass, and viewing it as a foregone conclusion, then the spirit of this country is dead and we're all just biding our time to be serfs again.

We either fight against this or we accept it.

I'm here to fight against it. Criminals go to jail. Rich or poor, all are equal before the law.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think his re-election is very possible, if he stays in decent health.... Heck, Joe proved that doesn't even matter much.

With the help of complicit folk, sure.

Count me as one of the non-complicit. I'll fight tooth and nail against the trumps of this world.

Too bad that's a dying sentiment. Too many are too ready to lay down before the elite.

Sad.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

But if we're arbitrarily giving the elite class a pass, and viewing it as a foregone conclusion, then the spirit of this country is dead and we're all just biding our time to be serfs again.

I'm here to fight against it. Criminals go to jail. Rich or poor, all are equal before the law.

I hear ya, but powerful people skirting the law is hardly a new phenomenon, and it's definitely not unique to America. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I hear ya, but powerful people skirting the law is hardly a new phenomenon, and it's definitely not unique to America. 

I'm sure that's what Washington and the rest of the patriots of pre-Revolution America said.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well, it's possible, considering Washington's reluctancy at the start of the revolution.:dunno

Washington went to war because he knew despots were inherently evil and must be resisted at all costs.

And here we are 250 years later justifying why would-be despots not only won't go to jail, but likely will be a candidate for the very office George Washington held.

What a time to be alive.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Washington went to war because he knew despots were inherently evil and must be resisted at all costs.

And here we are 250 years later justifying why would-be despots not only won't go to jail, but likely will be a candidate for the very office George Washington held.

What a time to be alive.

Saying it's more likely that Donald Trump is reelected than bound for prison isn't being complicit, complacent or justifying anything. It's simply noting the cold reality of a country split into civil war formation, with each side claiming the Founding Fathers as their own. The Muller Report and Impeachment Hearings created a false sense of impending justice. If anything, it's evidence that we will have to fight much harder and longer to regain our sanity. It took the right about 48 hours to reframe January 6, and that narrative is set in stone for millions of Americans, regardless of what a Congressional investigation turns up. 

We simply need better, smarter candidates at every local level. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Rich people have done a much better job of staying out of jail in this and every country since the dawn of man.

Interestingly enough, it's the serf's who are willing to fight for Donald Trump, not the elites.

What a time to be alive indeed.  

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

What's funny to me about that is all of his worshipers that have said all along...."he really never wanted to be President".  

Ummmm......then why would he campaign for 3 years to try to get reelected?

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's funny to me about that is all of his worshipers that have said all along...."he really never wanted to be President".  

Ummmm......then why would he campaign for 3 years to try to get reelected?

I still think he was surprised to win on election night, but yeah, the dude is power hungry. Of course he'd want to be President.

• Plus1 2

Like the guy or not, you have to admit Trump appeared to be toeing a line (and been caught crossing the line) when it comes to taxes for a long time now. I'm guessing he is really uncomfortable when the DA and AG decide to put a microscope on it, and shake the tree of the Trump Org. We're also talking about a person who used a kids cancer charity to line his own pockets and avoid taxes - so yeah maybe a couple of us are hopeful he actually might see a consequence in his life for the first time. 

• Plus1 1