Trump Legal Troubles

12 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think his re-election is very possible, if he stays in decent health.... Heck, Joe proved that doesn't even matter much.

Wait just to be clear, you think the guy who routinely bikes, workouts, and can run up stairs (He tripped. So what? I trip on the stairs all the time and I'm less than half his age) at the age of 78 is less healthy than the obese guy, who never works out, can't walk straight up a ramp, and may have actually had a stroke in office???

• Plus1 4

11 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Wait just to be clear, you think the guy who routinely bikes, workouts, and can run up stairs (He tripped. So what? I trip on the stairs all the time and I'm less than half his age) at the age of 78 is less healthy than the obese guy, who never works out, can't walk straight up a ramp, and may have actually had a stroke in office???

They are 80 years old, neither are healthy.  The next time you see an healthy 80 year old will be the first time.

They are on borrowed time.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

This isn't in defense of Trump, but aside from his obvious narcissistic traits, Trump has more mental capabilities than Biden at this point. Sadly, Biden has severe mental decline. It's why they hide him from the press, and when he does come out it's usually brief, and very choreographed.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This isn't in defense of Trump, but aside from his obvious narcissistic traits, Trump has more mental capabilities than Biden at this point. Sadly, Biden has severe mental decline. It's why they hide him from the press, and when he does come out it's usually brief, and very choreographed.

You're such a mushroom.

Yeah he's lost a step, but he's more coherent and intelligible than the last guy. And Joe is a stutterer.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

They are 80 years old, neither are healthy.  The next time you see an healthy 80 year old will be the first time.

They are on borrowed time.  

He looks a million times better than 80 year olds I know.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What are you basing this on?

I would say that Trump is much closer to their individual peak form, in that regard, than Biden. It just seems fairly obvious when you watch Joe speak. He's nowhere near the same guy he was as VP.

And I fully understand why people find Trump to be dangerous, and I even understand some thinking that a shell of Joe Biden is better than Trump. That's fine.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You're such a mushroom.

Yeah he's lost a step, but he's more coherent and intelligible than the last guy.

No, he's not.  I know he stutters, but last I checked, stuttering didn't cause you to routinely lose your train of thought cmid sentence.

You'll have to explain the mushroom thing to me, I guess.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I would say that Trump is much closer to their individual peak form, in that regard, than Biden. It just seems fairly obvious when you watch Joe speak. He's nowhere near the same guy he was as VP.

I don't agree with this.  I believe much of what makes Trump dangerous is his mental decline.  One symptom that I have witnessed amongst some elderly when they start declining mentally is their inability to think through complicated situations and have self control over what they think and say.  They also have an inability to concentrate for long periods of time.  He has displayed all of these.  Trump has always been a piece of s#!t.  But, if you watch him when he was younger, he was able to still be a good salesman in that he chose his words carefully.  He has ran a very large business which takes concentration and the ability to think.  

Now, he can't concentrate long enough to read security reports.  He clearly goes into difficult situations and hasn't thought them through.  And, he obviously has no ability to gauge his own words.

He literally is a very very simple minded person......and he used to not be.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

No, he's not.  I know he stutters, but last I checked, stuttering didn't cause you to routinely lose your train of thought cmid sentence.

You'll have to explain the mushroom thing to me, I guess.

Actually, yes it can.  If someone is concentrating on not stuttering, it can cause hesitation in their speaking while they think about how they are going to say it.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, yes it can.  If someone is concentrating on not stuttering, it can cause hesitation in their speaking while they think about how they are going to say it.

Fair enough. I don't think that's Joe's problem, though. I don't remember those issues as VP. I remember him being a charming, quick-witted man.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't agree with this.  I believe much of what makes Trump dangerous is his mental decline.  One symptom that I have witnessed amongst some elderly when they start declining mentally is their inability to think through complicated situations and have self control over what they think and say.  They also have an inability to concentrate for long periods of time.  He has displayed all of these.  Trump has always been a piece of s#!t.  But, if you watch him when he was younger, he was able to still be a good salesman in that he chose his words carefully.  He has ran a very large business which takes concentration and the ability to think.  

Now, he can't concentrate long enough to read security reports.  He clearly goes into difficult situations and hasn't thought them through.  And, he obviously has no ability to gauge his own words.

He literally is a very very simple minded person......and he used to not be.

I agree with most of that, still, I think he's truer to original form than Biden. And I think the Biden administration confirms Joe's issues with the way they shield him.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You're such a mushroom.

Yeah he's lost a step, but he's more coherent and intelligible than the last guy. And Joe is a stutterer.

He looks a million times better than 80 year olds I know.

They better!  They wear makeup, have tailored 5,000 suits, they have a professional make sure they look their very best anytime they are on camera.  

Most 80 year olds we know, wake up, might brush their teeth, bathe once/twice a week and sit around the house.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They better!  They wear makeup, have tailored 5,000 suits, they have a professional make sure they look their very best anytime they are on camera.  

Most 80 year olds we know, wake up, might brush their teeth, bathe once/twice a week and sit around the house.

Lucky.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I agree with most of that, still, I think he's truer to original form than Biden. And I think the Biden administration confirms Joe's issues with the way they shield him.

Trump in the 80s and 90s vs Trump now is a shocker. Biden as VP or Senator vs Biden now; not much difference other than he's a little slower.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am no expert (on anything at all) but speech pathologists that I have worked in the classroom don't really mention anything about concentrating on not stuttering, they say that tends to cause anxiety and makes it worse.  They say to speak slowly.  

Maybe it is the same thing.  I have not had many stutters in class.  The ones I did have never rambled like Joe.  They were more like Tom Shatel.  

• Plus1 1