Trump Legal Troubles

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well this is her directly stating she took money from her campaign and kept cash from that.  FYI.  I don’t follow this account nor care about the commentary listed.  It’s just from looking through the trending tweets on her.  

It's cutting out the part that she took out $50,000 from her personal retirement to fund her initial campaign. Did she put all of that $50k into her campaign or did she keep some of it as liquid cash? The context before and after this clip are that she kept it as cash. I know it's easy to pick out clips, but I literally watched her testimony yesterday. If the defense had took it to mean she took money from campaign funds they would have pounced. They didn't which leads me to believe they read it as kept cash out at the same time as helping fund her own campaign. Arduous litigation may be boring for most folks, but I enjoyed yesterdays and I had a slow day in my office. 

And I know that both left leaning and right leaning media outlets will edit these types of things for clicks and engagement. Source material is the best and usually tells the whole picture.

• Plus1 2

As an attorney, there are a few things that stand out to me about this ruling that are absolutely calamitous for Donald Trump and his children. Here’s why.  First, the penalties on Don Jr. and Eric Trump are arguably even MORE devastating for them. Both Don Jr. and Eric Trump are young and both men are currently overseeing Trump Organization day to day. On the contrary, as a 77-year old, Trump’s involvement in the company has reportedly been limited in recent years. This ruling has essentially left Don Jr. and Eric Trump unemployed. Second, the fact that Donald Trump and the Trump Organization are both banned from applying for loans from any New York-chartered financial institutions for 3 years makes it incredibly hard for Trump to actually afford the judgment. Together with the E. Jean Carroll verdict, Trump is now responsible for almost $450 MILLION in penalties - an amount that would wipe out nearly every penny of cash he reportedly has. Engoron did not hold back with his words in this decision: “The defendants’) complete lack of contrition and remorse borders on pathological.” One thing is clear, Judge Engoron’s ruling upholds the integrity of the financial marketplace - and finally holds Trump accountable for his many lies. What are your thoughts, did Trump deserve these historic penalties? -Attorney Joe Gallina

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As an attorney, there are a few things that stand out to me about this ruling that are absolutely calamitous for Donald Trump and his children. Here’s why.  First, the penalties on Don Jr. and Eric Trump are arguably even MORE devastating for them. Both Don Jr. and Eric Trump are young and both men are currently overseeing Trump Organization day to day. On the contrary, as a 77-year old, Trump’s involvement in the company has reportedly been limited in recent years. This ruling has essentially left Don Jr. and Eric Trump unemployed. Second, the fact that Donald Trump and the Trump Organization are both banned from applying for loans from any New York-chartered financial institutions for 3 years makes it incredibly hard for Trump to actually afford the judgment. Together with the E. Jean Carroll verdict, Trump is now responsible for almost $450 MILLION in penalties - an amount that would wipe out nearly every penny of cash he reportedly has. Engoron did not hold back with his words in this decision: “The defendants’) complete lack of contrition and remorse borders on pathological.” One thing is clear, Judge Engoron’s ruling upholds the integrity of the financial marketplace - and finally holds Trump accountable for his many lies. What are your thoughts, did Trump deserve these historic penalties? -Attorney Joe Gallina

That is one heck of a ruling.

• TBH 1

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I will say this. Even though the guy is a complete fraud and always has been, I don’t fully understand this case.  

When I get a business loan, the bank makes me hire an independent appraiser….that they choose. He comes in and verifies the what the collateral is worth.  So, if I have a building that I claim is worth 10 million, he’s going to look at comparables and document that it’s only worth 300,000. 

Why wasn’t this done?  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I will say this. Even though the guy is a complete fraud and always has been, I don’t fully understand this case.  

When I get a business loan, the bank makes me hire an independent appraiser….that they choose. He comes in and verifies the what the collateral is worth.  So, if I have a building that I claim is worth 10 million, he’s going to look at comparables and document that it’s only worth 300,000. 

Why wasn’t this done?  

Me too, and I despise Trump. Leticia literally ran her election campaign on getting this case. No one is out any money.  The "victim" banks even testified they weren't out any money, and would loan to him again. I don't get it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Me too, and I despise Trump. Leticia literally ran her election campaign on getting this case. No one is out any money.  The "victim" banks even testified they weren't out any money, and would loan to him again. I don't get it.

One thing the case does is show what a complete fraud he really is….and always has been. 

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The fund raiser is going great.  It's been up for 14 hours and has raised almost $36,000.  At this rate it'll take over 15 years to hit the goal.  Nevermind the 9% interest.

Screenshot_20240217-051013.png

Grant Cardone is a HUGE DOOSHER

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

It doesn't matter if the banks were paid back or not.  If you lie on a loan app you're gaming the system and taking advantage of a limited pool of money that someone else, who isn't a fraud, could use and were possibly out money in a sense.  It's not a victimless crime.  

There's no witch hunt here.  Trump's a fraud pure and simple.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

One thing the case does is show what a complete fraud he really is…

This particular case?  I don’t follow you here?   It seems we both agree this is common practice amongst real estate developers and more of a bank issue than a Trump Org issue. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

This particular case?  I don’t follow you here?   It seems we both agree this is common practice amongst real estate developers and more of a bank issue than a Trump Org issue. 

I never said it’s a common practice with developers. I said it’s common practice that the bank would verify it. 

And, yes…this is just more evidence of what a complete fraud he is. 

• Plus1 1