Trump Legal Troubles

3 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

How many injuries are going to result in this adventure you are taking? I mean, I can play catch and jog around the bases, but that blown hammy ain't going to feel as young as you think it's going to feel.

I gave up church softball after I severely pull my Achilles tendon trying to field a hard-hit grounder my direction ( I was playing short stop).  I felt something pull but walked it off.  I was first up to bat afterwards and when the I got walked by the pitcher, I took one step towards first base and collapsed on the field - felt like the baseball bat had jumped off of the ground and whacked my calf.  They had to carry me off the field - most embarrassing is I was called out since I couldn't make it to 1st base:facepalm:. That is when I realized my weekend warrior days were over or needed to be severely limited.  

• Worth a Look 1

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I gave up church softball after I severely pull my Achilles tendon trying to field a hard-hit grounder my direction ( I was playing short stop).  I felt something pull but walked it off.  I was first up to bat afterwards and when the I got walked by the pitcher, I took one step towards first base and collapsed on the field - felt like the baseball bat had jumped off of the ground and whacked my calf.  They had to carry me off the field - most embarrassing is I was called out since I couldn't make it to 1st base:facepalm:. That is when I realized my weekend warrior days were over or needed to be severely limited.  

Dude, I hear that!

I still go lift and play golf but that is it.  Even playing pickup basketball is a big "No Thanks".  

I did sand VB leagues up until about 7 years ago or so.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude, I hear that!

I still go lift and play golf but that is it.  Even playing pickup basketball is a big "No Thanks".  

I did sand VB leagues up until about 7 years ago or so.

Yes, I go to the Y and shoot some hopes, swim and lift small amounts of weights  - made the mistake of playing half court basketball  wt guys in their 20s and 30s - here I am 68 years old - my wife just shook her head at me. But I did make the first basket - a 3 pointer but from then on I was sucking wind!  Bummer getting older.  The mind says "you can do it! "- the body says "what are you talking about' and then goes on strike. 

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, I go to the Y and shoot some hopes, swim and lift small amounts of weights  - made the mistake of playing half court basketball  wt guys in their 20s and 30s - here I am 68 years old - my wife just shook her head at me. But I did make the first basket - a 3 pointer but from then on I was sucking wind!  Bummer getting older.  The mind says "you can do it! "- the body says "what are you talking about' and then goes on strike. 

Getting old is not for the timid! 

• Plus1 1

More on the pressure Trump is experiencing now.    Commercial properties, which he may need to sell, are facing a downward push on their values.  Trump may have to sell off more just due the lower real estate values alone.   Thus he begs for the lower bond.   He is a house of cards ready to tumble.  And the GOP thinks he is this great financial guy.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-warns-big-losses-asset-161514594.html

The timing couldn’t be worse for Donald Trump as he faces the prospect of having to sell property to cover a massive verdict against him.

The former president said in a court filing Wednesday he may soon need “to raise capital under exigent circumstances” to push ahead with an appeal of New York state’s $454 million civil fraud verdict against him. A brutal market for many commercial property owners means he faces significant losses in his real estate empire if he unloads assets.

The billionaire has few options. He must pay the full judgment by March 25 or arrange a bond for at least 110% of the amount in order to put the fine on hold while he appeals. To get an appeal bond, Trump will need to hand over cash, sell properties or use them as collateral, tying up most if not all of his liquid assets for months or longer.

Unless Trump can convince the appeals court to put the verdict on hold during his entire appeal, he could find himself in a financial squeeze.

If he’s forced to sell, “there would be no way to recover any property sold following a successful appeal and no means to recover the resulting financial losses,” Trump attorney Alina Habba said in the filing. Meanwhile, New York Attorney General Letitia James has made clear that she’s prepared to seize Trump’s assets if he doesn’t pay the verdict or post an appeals bond on time.

Brutal Market

Making matters worse is a brutal market for many commercial real estate owners. Property values plunged as borrowing costs rose, and the remote work trend that started during the pandemic continues to cut into demand for office space. Prices slumped 22% in the year through January, according to real estate analytics firm Green Street.

On 2/28/2024 at 7:47 PM, commando said:

i don't see the SC ruling until after november.  they will drag it out and then give trump unlimited power is what my guess is.   hope i am wrong and they make a quick decision for the good of the country but am not  very optimistic that they will.

They have to rule before their current session is over.  This session ends at the end of June.  We should know by end of June if CO (and other states) can remove him from the ballot and if there is presidential immunity.  If the SC says there is presidential immunity, that gives Biden at least 6 months to "hire seal team 6" or finally do some crazy ish that the Rs have been accusing him of since his term started.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who could have seen this coming.

This only further proves that the right is willing to do or say anything to remain in power. Any other issue, the conservatives scream "States Rights!!! States should decide!!!" Even on something so federal as to the BORDER of the United States and how it is policed. Yet, when it comes to TRUMP, suddenly the states have NO power. Cohesiveness of thought, fairness in decision making, and consistency are all lacking so called justices, who will do anything to placate Trump and the right....

And Archy, before you come back with the derp "left wing justices ruled this way too." They rule that way on every federal/state matter, and argue that the states do not have the right to supersede federal law. They are at least consistent in their reasoning. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This only further proves that the right is willing to do or say anything to remain in power. Any other issue, the conservatives scream "States Rights!!! States should decide!!!" Even on something so federal as to the BORDER of the United States and how it is policed. Yet, when it comes to TRUMP, suddenly the states have NO power. Cohesiveness of thought, fairness in decision making, and consistency are all lacking so called justices, who will do anything to placate Trump and the right....

And Archy, before you come back with the derp "left wing justices ruled this way too." They rule that way on every federal/state matter, and argue that the states do not have the right to supersede federal law. They are at least consistent in their reasoning. 

Yep.

• Plus1 1