Trump Legal Troubles

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, this is unprecedented stuff. I'd love to know all the permutations the various agencies have gone through, what those documents look like, and whether they've actually communicated with each other. 

I also just read an interesting article I saw off yahoo talking about what a judge could actually do to Trump if he violates the order of his release.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Given that the law says: "Under the direction of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect the following persons:", I think the Secretary of Homeland Security could remove Trump's protective detail. Again, I doubt that happens over bail but could be applied if Trump eventually gets sentenced (which I doubt he will).

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Given that the law says: "Under the direction of the Secretary of Homeland Security, the United States Secret Service is authorized to protect the following persons:", I think the Secretary of Homeland Security could remove Trump's protective detail. Again, I doubt that happens over bail but could be applied if Trump eventually gets sentenced (which I doubt he will).

I’m fine if Putin protects him….in Russia. 

Give him an apartment on the 20th floor with lots of windows….for the view. 

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I wonder who made that call prior to having a Homeland Security agency and a Secretary of that department.  

Whether you like Trump, hate him, or indifferent, these are kinda interesting questions to theorize about. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder who made that call prior to having a Homeland Security agency and a Secretary of that department.  

It was the Treasury Secretary as Secret Service was formerly in that agency due to their counterfeiting work. From the amendments section at the bottom of my previous link: "2002-Subsecs. (a) to (c)(1), (e)(1). Pub. L. 107–296 substituted "of Homeland Security" for "of the Treasury" wherever appearing."

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Whether you like Trump, hate him, or indifferent, these are kinda interesting questions to theorize about. 

Yep. I suspect we won't get many of these theories answered, but it's interesting none-the-less.

• Plus1 1