Trump Legal Troubles

You deal with a snake, you get bit by the snake. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/15/trump-alleged-co-conspirators-never-got-paid-by-trump-team.html

•  

• Several of former President Donald Trump’s allies, including Rudy Giuliani, who are now facing criminal charges for helping him try to overturn the results of the 2020 election were never paid by the Trump political operation for work they did in late 2020.
  • The failure to pay Giuliani and his team came up last week in a private interview between special counsel Jack Smith’s team and Bernard Kerik, a Giuliani associate, according to an attorney for Kerik.
  • Trump and his allies raised $250 million off false claims that were peddled nationwide by people including Giuliani and Kerik, the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot said.
  • That money is now helping Trump pay a small army of lawyers defending him against criminal charges.

Several of the attorneys who spearheaded President Donald Trump’s frenzied effort to overturn the results of the 2020 election tried, and failed, to collect payment for the work they did for Trump’s political operation, according to testimony to congressional investigators and Federal Election Commission records. This is despite the fact that their lawsuits and false claims of election interference helped the Trump campaign and allied committees raise $250 million in the weeks following the November vote, the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot said in its final report.

Among them was Trump’s closest ally, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Trump and Giuliani had a handshake agreement that Giuliani and his team would get paid by the Trump political operation for their post-election work, according to Timothy Parlatore, an attorney for longtime Giuliani ally Bernard Kerik.

But the Trump campaign and its affiliated committees ultimately did not honor that pledge, according to campaign finance records. The records show that Giuliani’s companies were only reimbursed for travel and not the $20,000 a day he requested to be paid.

Parlatore also told CNBC that the Giuliani operation was never compensated for its work. According to Parlatore, the failure to pay Giuliani and his team came up last week in a private interview between prosecutors on special counsel Jack Smith’s team and Kerik, a member of Giuliani’s team in late 2020.

“Lawyers and law firms that didn’t do s--- were paid lots of money and the people that worked their a$$ off, got nothing,” Kerik complained in a 2021 tweet.

Bob Costello, Giuliani’s attorney, declined to comment further about the agreement, citing privileged conversations between his client and then-President Trump.

• Oh Yeah! 1

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I bet this is a story that a lot of people know.

I can just think back to when I was in college and seeing some of these super dorks protesting or fighting for things that you KNEW they didn't really care about.  

I see it to some extent with HS students.  The ones that are super into "causes" will leave Omaha and go to college in NY or Seattle and sometimes Cali, but not as many go there, and they are back by the end of the first semester and they realize their idea of "far out there" is not even close to the super far out there crowd.  They were sort of "doing it" just to be a part of something, not as a way of life.

I'm going to suggest that the vast majority of students who leave their out-of-state college after one semester are homesick. It may have something to do with where they are in the social pecking order or grading curve, but almost nothing to do with "far out" politics, even if that's what they tell the parents who wasted their money. 

I also wouldn't be so sure that the super dorks didn't really care about the things they were protesting. That sounds a lot more like you projecting, in that way you do. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm going to suggest that the vast majority of students who leave their out-of-state college after one semester are homesick. It may have something to do with where they are in the social pecking order or grading curve, but almost nothing to do with "far out" politics, even if that's what they tell the parents who wasted their money. 

I also wouldn't be so sure that the super dorks didn't really care about the things they were protesting. That sounds a lot more like you projecting, in that way you do. 

Man, I feel like a magician and there is always that one fan that wants to know how the trick is done.

These instances are not me guessing as to why they left, it is them telling me.  "UW (seattle) was not for me, those people were way intense about ___________"

I had one that left UW to heard to DC because UW was "insane but DC was not as insane"

Homesick, sure, because it was not for them because most people are middle of the road.

I have had a ton that went to schools in the south and the ones that come back are often times like "Yeah, like, it was REALLY conservative, like, using  certain words about people within the first 10 minutes of meeting me because I wasn't from there"

- Ole Miss, Bama

Sometimes they let me know that they hated their roommate or that they partied too much or that they didn't get into a greek house or that they bombed their classes.  Some say they hated the size of the school...

They are very honest about it.  I am not their Mom, they don't have to lie to me.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1