Trump Legal Troubles

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We saw it right here on HuskerBoard. We kept telling his supporters he was a bad dude. They responded with "Trump Derangement Syndrome" and claimed it was all political.

Exactly. It took fortitude and a willingness to be blind not to see this coming. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is funny, but I do remember Trump claiming in the summer leading up to the election saying he'd only lose if there was fraud. The groundwork was being laid for months. Ironically, Trump probably wins the election if he doesn't decry mail in ballots leading up to election day.

It's funny that Republicans just can't shake this guy. They see the United States as a corrupt state unfairly treating their Populist Warrior.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

40 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly. It took fortitude and a willingness to be blind not to see this coming. 

Every indictment that is going on with Trump is post election and has to do with him not coping with losing the election.  Absolutely none of this has anything to do with how he governed before the election (hunt…which is what you vote on and for). 

• Haha 5
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

*Filing false documents

*Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer

*False statements and writings

Some observations:

1.  This is a sad day for America.  While I am glad that this criminal enterprise is finally going to meet Lady Justice, it is sad that America has to go through this, and the aftermath caused by this Narcissistic con man.   It is sad that voters elected him in 2016 (an electoral majority, not popular vote majority).  While many of those voters were not cult members, the cult ended up leading them to the place whereby they overlooked Hillary's qualifications to see only her negatives.  From a governmental perspective, there would have been no comparison  - Hillary was far more qualified.    While I was glad I have never casted a vote for Trump, I too was swept up in the anti- Hillary propaganda.  I voted 3rd party.  So that speaks to me today:  Even though I said in the 2024 Presidential thread, that my vote in Okla won't matter - I can't vote 3rd party again if the GOP nominates a trump like candidate.  To send a real message - I will need to vote Democrat  - yes Oklahoma will by default go GOP - but my vote will only matter if it is strongly opposite of a GOP Trumpian candidate.  Only if the 3rd Party candidate has a clear opportunity to win will I vote 3rd party.   (Liz Cheney - dust off your campaign clothes and join a qualified Dem and give us a real alternative).  

2.  The cult will see him as a martyr, and I expect things to get worse and not better after these trials.  

3.   These charges are worse than Watergate - the political crime of my youth.  In reality, I think Trump needs to be locked up as he will spread turmoil and incite his crowd from this point on  (see point 2).

4.  Mr My Pillow guy should feel lucky he isn't named. 

5. Anyone supporting Trump at this point - Lindsey, MTG, Cruz, etc, etc aren't worthy of their seat in Congress.  They are a major part of the problem - enablers.  They have been disqualified based on their association with this criminal. And have shown a mindset not capable of handling the affairs of our country. 

6.  This is the opportunity for the GOP to get control of their party again.  If they don't, it is evident that a new party needs to be formed and the GOP be sent to the dustbin of history.   Iowa can send a clear message, along with NH - if they chose a more moderate candidate (not Trump, Desantis, or Rash - the 3 current leaders), then maybe the tide will turn back to normalcy.  But I'm not holding my breath. 

7.  Trump will continue to proclaim that he is the most innocent man in the history of innocent men and his cult members will not see that they are following a very flawed, emotionally crippled man.   The cult will remain faithful, because to do otherwise is to admit they have been believing a lie for the past 7 years.  Pride is blinding and it imprisons all who live under its roof.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2