Trump Legal Troubles

11 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

He brings up a good point. This is the money shot and an historic moment. It can't be underestimated.

There's a 100% chance that the Trump camp will use that same iconic and seemingly humiliating mugshot to fundraise for their unjustly persecuted martyr. But I wonder if the raw impact might be more visceral than expected. Donald Trump's exact expression in that fraction of a second will be parsed forever. 

IIRC, Deutch was a Trump friend/colleague/frequent Apprentice Guest.

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Theoretically, What happens if Trump doesn’t post bail?   Does the secret service then have to clear the entire jail or a big portion of it for Fulton County to jail him?   Do they make a make shift wing of a building his “jail”.   

I think theoretically the jail can tell Secret Service to go pound sand, but I suspect they'll make accommodations for Secret Service and do a private cell and such. Or even house arrest.

• TBH 1
23 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

He brings up a good point. This is the money shot and an historic moment. It can't be underestimated.

There's a 100% chance that the Trump camp will use that same iconic and seemingly humiliating mugshot to fundraise for their unjustly persecuted martyr. But I wonder if the raw impact might be more visceral than expected. Donald Trump's exact expression in that fraction of a second will be parsed forever. 

IIRC, Deutch was a Trump friend/colleague/frequent Apprentice Guest.

It should be used as his portrait in the Whitehouse. It remember him correctly and serve as a warning to future presidents. It could be hung in the residence bathroom. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

I think theoretically the jail can tell Secret Service to go pound sand, but I suspect they'll make accommodations for Secret Service and do a private cell and such. Or even house arrest.

I don’t think the jail has that authority.  I’m pretty sure the secret service has ultimate authority over most things.   
I think you are right on house arrest until the question actually gets resolved.   

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think the jail has that authority.  I’m pretty sure the secret service has ultimate authority over most things.   
I think you are right on house arrest until the question actually gets resolved.   

I doubt very much the Secret Service has ultimate authority. But I also think the jail will accommodate them instead of putting up a fight.

They don't have authority over local jurisdictions, but they do over protection of the President, Vice-President, or others in order of success. Doesn't actually say anything about former Presidents:

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title18-section3056A&num=0&edition=prelim

EDIT: Actually, that was only part A, here's the whole section which includes protecting former Presidents:

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title18-section3056&num=0&edition=prelim

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Theoretically, What happens if Trump doesn’t post bail?   Does the secret service then have to clear the entire jail or a big portion of it for Fulton County to jail him?   Do they make a make shift wing of a building his “jail”.   

Yeah, this is unprecedented stuff. I'd love to know all the permutations the various agencies have gone through, what those documents look like, and whether they've actually communicated with each other.