The Republican Utopia

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I obviously haven't read the bill.  But, this is a load of BS.

Edit: Sorry he said 8 year olds.  Quote - “That bill was so badly drafted that if I have a child who is 8 years old who wanted to vote and I stopped him, the way the bill was actually drafted I would be charged with a felony.”

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

Edit: Sorry he said 8 year olds.  Quote - “That bill was so badly drafted that if I have a child who is 8 years old who wanted to vote and I stopped him, the way the bill was actually drafted I would be charged with a felony.”

The good evidence that this is total BS is that the Republicans aren't offering a better bill.  Simply change whatever wording that would allow your 8 year old to vote and get it to the floor.

But....no.  That's not what they are even working on.

• Plus1 2

And...just to make a point that should be obvious.

The Republicans sat there yesterday in the hearing complaining and ranting about how horrible these hearings are because they would rather be working on stuff that actually helps America.

Well....The Dems weren't preoccupied so much from the hearing that they couldn't put these bills together.  Maybe the Republicans should spend a little less time watching Fox News to see what they are supposed to say and....well.....actually working on something.

• Plus1 3
26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is a national emergency. It is literally an attack on the foundation of our democracy. Maybe they could, I don't know, rework the bill immediately and get something they could pass?

The party that's insanely focused on "securing our border" seems to have zero concern about securing our elections.

I WONDER WHY THAT IS

Price tag for what? Securing elections?

How high is "too high" to secure elections?

I didn't a read the bill so I don't know what exactly was in it, but I it just seems like a very high number. Can't we just switch back to paper ballot? Russia can't hack that.

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I didn't a read the bill so I don't know what exactly was in it, but I it just seems like a very high number. Can't we just switch back to paper ballot? Russia can't hack that.

We could take whatever the cost is from Trump's wall fund. :D

And yes, we should just go back to paper ballots.

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And yes, we should just go back to paper ballots.

This issue is so damn frustrating for me.

We have technology that can send whatever information we want sent around the world in a split second.  We have technology to process HUGE amounts of information coming from any number of sources, analyze it and spit it out.

BUT....the only reason why we can't do that in national elections is because we don't trust it....and in some cases for good reason.

Surely these huge technology companies can figure out how to secure these things.

• Plus1 2

Trump and many Republicans have put an attitude out there of....the military can do no wrong.  A soldier was tried for murder and they acted like you were a treasonous bastard to even question the integrity of someone wearing the uniform.

Well.....I'm wondering what Trump is going to say about this.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump and many Republicans have put an attitude out there of....the military can do no wrong.  A soldier was tried for murder and they acted like you were a treasonous bastard to even question the integrity of someone wearing the uniform.

Well.....I'm wondering what Trump is going to say about this.

Ya, it's disgusting. They should be held to a higher standard, not a lesser one.

You guys are gonna believe this:

Danielle Stella was arrested twice this year in Minneapolis suburbs over allegations that she shoplifted items worth more than $2,300 from a Target and goods valued at $40 from a grocery store. She said she denied the allegations.

Stella, a 31-year-old special education teacher, was reported this week to be a supporter of the baseless “QAnon” conspiracy theory about Donald Trump battling a global cabal of elite liberal paedophiles.

This week Stella also described Minneapolis as “the crime capital of our country”. She has in the past complained that local police were “overworked and overburdened” and said that, if elected, she would work to reduce crime.

In a series of text messages, Stella said: “I am not guilty of these crimes. In this country I am innocent until proven guilty and that is the law.”

She added: “If I was guilty of crimes, I would never run for public office, putting myself in the public eye under a microscope to be attacked by all political sides.”

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3