The Republican Utopia

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re either struggling or purposely acting like you don’t understand.  I’ll let you decide which. 

Apparently just struggling to understand why are just won’t come out and say what I am actually “ struggling to understand”.  Not sure your  reason to be coy I guess.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because you’re smarter than this.  At least I hope you are.  

You are smarter than this. I don't know why you're trying to get him to admit to anything. The fact the word isn't in the bill isn't relevant. We all know what it's targeting. All the LGBTQ groups are against it for a reason. He's never going to admit to it - that's the whole game right now.

Once the authoritarians are in power, they'll admit to everything. Until then you're going to have a better chance getting water from a stone.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You are smarter than this. I don't know why you're trying to get him to admit to anything. The fact the word isn't in the bill isn't relevant. We all know what it's targeting. All the LGBTQ groups are against it for a reason. He's never going to admit to it - that's the whole game right now.

Once the authoritarians are in power, they'll admit to everything. Until then you're going to have a better chance getting water from a stone.

Same game being played with all the Republican voter suppression efforts going on around the country, targeting particular demographics.  "Nobody's right to vote are being infringed upon".  Until they are.  

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Good lord….you honestly believe that people are saying…” please teach and talk to my kindergartner about sex just make sure it’s straight sex”.   And that’s why they came up with this bill????:facepalm:

• Plus1 1

I wonder if Jim Crow laws literally said things like, "Disenfranchise racial minority voters with extremely hard literacy tests"?

If they didn't, I wonder how many clowns in the early 1900's defended them because they didn't literally spell out their intended effects in practice.

• Plus1 3

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is that like non-politicians talking about politics?

Because... funny story...

Sort of, only talking about it is one thing.  Actually dictating policy is another.

It would be more like Joe Fan getting in the coaches headset and calling plays during the game.

• Plus1 2