The Republican Utopia

11 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Name me one Republican that has a SS plan that says what you are implying.  

Every private investment plan for SS I’ve seen has an age calculator for those who near or somewhat near retirement. 

Privatizing SS is one of the worst ideas ever. Just like the stock markets, we'd have to bail it out every decade or so plus the middle men would make a pretty penny instead of that going to the retirees. Plus guaranteed benefits would be cut with no guarantees of the private investments covering the difference.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Privatizing SS is one of the worst ideas ever. Just like the stock markets, we'd have to bail it out every decade or so plus the middle men would make a pretty penny instead of that going to the retirees. Plus guaranteed benefits would be cut with no guarantees of the private investments covering the difference.

You are absolutely incorrect.  And we aren’t talking about privatizing SS as a whole, just a portion.  

The portion that gets invested privately, in MF’sOver the course of a 40 year investment period,  will be much better off financially than our current system.  Rules can be put into place to regulate what type of investments based on risk.  

Guaranteed  benefits don’t have to be cut AND survivorship would come into play.   So people like my dad who died 2 months after hitting 65 wouldn’t have been given a goose egg on the 43 years of tax money he put into the system. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You are absolutely incorrect.  And we aren’t talking about privatizing SS as a whole, just a portion.  

The portion that gets invested privately, in MF’sOver the course of a 40 year investment period,  will be much better off financially than our current system.  Rules can be put into place to regulate what type of investments based on risk.  

Guaranteed  benefits don’t have to be cut AND survivorship would come into play.   So people like my dad who died 2 months after hitting 65 wouldn’t have been given a goose egg on the 43 years of tax money he put into the system. 

Can you link to the actual policy proposal as I find your claims dubious at best given all the ones I've looked at over the past couple decades.

• Plus1 3