The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Disaster for GOP.  Maybe they pull their collective heads out of their butts and realize trump is the disaster behind the disaster :dunno  Probably not:bang

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/fox-news-pundit-declares-this-is-an-absolute-disaster-for-the-republican-party-as-midterm-results-roll-in/

What sucks is that good candidates that would mirror folks like Kasich, McCain, Romney, etc are not electable by the GOP electorate in primaries.

The GOP excited a base that won't help matters when trying to get "electable" candidates to the general elections.  It's not that there aren't still good Republicans, its just that there are a heck of a lot of folks that think good Republicans are nothing but RINOs.

Warnock should have lost in a landslide. He may end up winning.

Fetterman probably would have lost to a serious candidate.

This nation desperately needs ranked choice voting or at the very least, a viable 3rd party.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

What sucks is that good candidates that would mirror folks like Kasich, McCain, Romney, etc are not electable by the GOP electorate in primaries.

The GOP excited a base that won't help matters when trying to get "electable" candidates to the general elections.  It's not that there aren't still good Republicans, its just that there are a heck of a lot of folks that think good Republicans are nothing but RINOs.

True.  They can put up a reasonable candidate against a pathetic MAGAt head and ultimately, it's up to the voters to decide.  But, let's not forget how utterly stupid the Democrats were when they spent millions to try to get the MAGAts nominated.  Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have stayed out of it and we would have had more reasonable candidates from the right?  In the end, they helped convince enough people that the MAGAts were the right choice.

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Warnock should have lost in a landslide. He may end up winning.

Fetterman probably would have lost to a serious candidate.

This nation desperately needs ranked choice voting or at the very least, a viable 3rd party.

Amen!  But we were told, over and over, by all the experts that Oz was going to win.  But again, no one knows what the hell they are talking about.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Amen!  But we were told, over and over, by all the experts that Oz was going to win.  But again, no one knows what the hell they are talking about.

I think it boils down to people need to realize that anything before the actual election is nothing more than a guess.  Pollsters can try their hardest to be as scientific as possible.  But, there are way too many factors going into what reality is for them to accurately tell what millions of voters are going to do by calling 1000 random people.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it boils down to people need to realize that anything before the actual election is nothing more than a guess.  Pollsters can try their hardest to be as scientific as possible.  But, there are way too many factors going into what reality is for them to accurately tell what millions of voters are going to do by calling 1000 random people.

Soooo true!

I think it was you the other day that was saying something like "yeah but how do they know" about some early poll projections...you were right, they don't know.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Soooo true!

I think it was you the other day that was saying something like "yeah but how do they know" about some early poll projections...you were right, they don't know.

Actually, it was about how they know statistics on how people actually vote.  People were throwing around statistics as to who has voted by mail.  Turns out, they actually do know per the link I provided.  They know who voted...but not how they voted....I think.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, it was about how they know statistics on how people actually vote.  People were throwing around statistics as to who has voted by mail.  Turns out, they actually do know per the link I provided.  They know who voted...but not how they voted....I think.

I bet they take a guess...Like "ohhhhh, 1500 people from this area came and voted and usually that area votes this way"

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Who do the pollsters even contact anymore? Most people don't have landlines. Are they calling people's cell phones?

I received a ton of texts over the last week asking if they could "count on my vote for xxxx." I'm sure there are some dopes that respond to s#!t like that