The Republican Utopia

28 minutes ago, funhusker said:

What sucks is that good candidates that would mirror folks like Kasich, McCain, Romney, etc are not electable by the GOP electorate in primaries.

The GOP excited a base that won't help matters when trying to get "electable" candidates to the general elections.  It's not that there aren't still good Republicans, its just that there are a heck of a lot of folks that think good Republicans are nothing but RINOs.

Warnock should have lost in a landslide. He may end up winning.

Fetterman probably would have lost to a serious candidate.

This nation desperately needs ranked choice voting or at the very least, a viable 3rd party.

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

True.  They can put up a reasonable candidate against a pathetic MAGAt head and ultimately, it's up to the voters to decide.  But, let's not forget how utterly stupid the Democrats were when they spent millions to try to get the MAGAts nominated.  Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have stayed out of it and we would have had more reasonable candidates from the right?  In the end, they helped convince enough people that the MAGAts were the right choice.

All valid points.  It amazes me the how money party has prostituted itself to lay in the trump bed.  The guy is an idiot, to use Biden's terminology, and he is turning the whole party into a party of useful idiots so that he can exalt himself. 

We need rank voting or as you say a viable 3rd option if the GOP continues down this path. 

Per BRB's statement - be careful for what you wish for as you may actually get it.  The Dems wanted Trump to win the 2016 primary.  We know how that turned out. Best to tend to ones own house than to stick you nose in someone else's and get it cut off. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GSG said:

I received a ton of texts over the last week asking if they could "count on my vote for xxxx." I'm sure there are some dopes that respond to s#!t like that 

Did it one time 3 or 4 years ago and never will again. I have gotten spam calls 2 to 3 times a day for the last month, and stupid voting related texts multiple times a day as well. It's annoying as f#&%.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, it was about how they know statistics on how people actually vote.  People were throwing around statistics as to who has voted by mail.  Turns out, they actually do know per the link I provided.  They know who voted...but not how they voted....I think.

Other thing they never tell you about the polls is the percent confidence. That's a very important part of statistical data 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Crazy.  He will be 95 years old when his term ends.

That's nuts.

Very few people in that age bracket can properly operate a motor vehicle or correctly remember to take their daily vitamins/medications, let alone function as a public representative.

• TBH 2
12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Did it one time 3 or 4 years ago and never will again. I have gotten spam calls 2 to 3 times a day for the last month, and stupid voting related texts multiple times a day as well. It's annoying as f#&%.

What was really crazy is that I received a couple texts for the AZ races. I haven't lived in AZ for almost 14 years lol 

Trump, the loser, throws his own wife under the bus.  What a narcistic fool.

One side benefit of having many of his chosen candidates lose is that others in the GOP are starting to voice that he shouldn't run in 2024.  

Trump fears nothing more than losing & being called a loser. That fear alone may keep him from throwing his name in the ring.   But I'm not sure if that

fear is big enough to overcome his oversized ego.  

https://www.rawstory.com/maggie-haberman-trump-2658622778/

The New York Times' Maggie Haberman chimed in on Twitter with her own dispatch that claimed the twice-impeached former president is now even blaming former first lady Melania Trump for some of his own poor endorsements.

"Trump is indeed furious this morning, particularly about Mehmet Oz, and is blaming everyone who advised him to back Oz -- including his wife, describing it as not her best decision, according to people close to him," Haberman writes.

Haberman also reports that the losses of Trump-backed candidates such as Oz and Don Bolduc may impact his decision to announce his third presidential campaign next week.

27 minutes ago, Enhance said:

That's nuts.

Very few people in that age bracket can properly operate a motor vehicle or correctly remember to take their daily vitamins/medications, let alone function as a public representative.

He's the same age as Dianne Feinstein. Neither should be in office.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, let's not forget how utterly stupid the Democrats were when they spent millions to try to get the MAGAts nominated.  Wouldn't it have been nice if they would have stayed out of it and we would have had more reasonable candidates from the right?  In the end, they helped convince enough people that the MAGAts were the right choice.

Not that I'm in favor of their strategy but it seems like it worked.