The Republican Utopia

41 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Is RFKjr still running as an Independent?   I have not heard a peep out of him in awhile. 

He was on the news here for being on the picket line. Most awkward f#&%ing thing I've ever seen in my life.

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm sure I disagree with you on policy, but I appreciate that you reject the dangerous elements of the party. I do hope that the Republican Party sheds the MAGA movement so people like you can return and call it home.

Unfortunately the inmates are running the Asylum within the GOP. The MAGA movement will likely persist after 2024 even if Trump loses - which I think he has good odds to win. A combination of grifters like Gaetz  or true believers that are outright stupid like MTG will keep exploiting Trump voters for a few election cycles after Trump fades from view.

I think I have learned there is much to gain from both parties.  A non-Trump GOP can get back on track again.  I think both parties just scare the crap out of people while maintaining power and money.

The problem in the future is that the young people tend to listen the crazies on the extreme end of the parties.

Also, I teach at a school that is at least 50% minority.  The number of the minority kids that are Trump people is crazy.  I can check part of it up to teen rebellion, but not all of it.  

• Plus1 3