The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

HEY!  I take offense to that! chuckleshuffle  I grew up in the ' in between'.  A lot of great farmland and small town football and basketball  in that 90 mile stretch between the 2 cities.

BTW- IMHO Sioux Falls has far out classed Sioux City since I moved from that area in 1978.  Most of my family (Dad, brothers and sisters) live in the SF area. 

It's pretty country for sure. Drove from Lincoln to Sioux Falls for a wedding this summer, and stopped for Tacos in Sioux City at La Juanits. Tacos were amazing, the city was pretty run down and sad.

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's pretty country for sure. Drove from Lincoln to Sioux Falls for a wedding this summer, and stopped for Tacos in Sioux City at La Juanits. Tacos were amazing, the city was pretty run down and sad.

You may get stabbed getting to La Ja’s, but it is still worth it. 10 out 10, would recommend. It is the only thing that makes visiting friends/family in the area worth while. 

Otherwise, there is no other need to stop in Sioux City.

1 minute ago, deedsker said:

You may get stabbed getting to La Ja’s, but it is still worth it. 10 out 10, would recommend. It is the only thing that makes visiting friends/family in the area worth while. 

Lol it wasn't that bad, but I was wondering where the crack head would pop out from.

8 hours ago, deedsker said:

Years ago, I would drive through Sioux City and think why the hell would anyone want yo live here. 

A year ago, my son moved to Sergeant Bluff for a job.  He loves it.  Sioux City has done a lot to redevelop their down town.  He’s upset because his company is moving him to omaha now.  

• TBH 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Years ago, I would drive through Sioux City and think why the hell would anyone want yo live here. 

A year ago, my son moved to Sergeant Bluff for a job.  He loves it.  Sioux City has done a lot to redevelop their down town.  He’s upset because his company is moving him to omaha now.  

Sergeant Bluff is to Sioux City what Gretna is to Omaha. If you only venture in for La Ja’s, you will be fine.

I grew up near there, so I miss my friends/family, but not the place. I also didn’t fully understand some of what I was witnessing as a child. Yes, I was naive and sheltered. My La Ja’s line is for all people who ask me where I am from and mostly just in jest. I also really just love the tacos there. I miss good Mexican food I had abundantly close to me in high quality.

Glad your son likes it!