The Republican Utopia

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nothing encapsulates Republicans dealing with actual issues more then this. 

Hopefully they actually care about the border beyond how it serves them for political purposes, but I have my doubts. Solving problems takes a backseat to Biden look bad. 

• TBH 2
10 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nothing encapsulates Republicans dealing with actual issues more then this. 

Hopefully they actually care about the border beyond how it serves them for political purposes, but I have my doubts. Solving problems takes a backseat to Biden look bad. 

They don’t give a s#!t about fixing the border or keeping the economy chugging.  If hurting people helps them win….so be it.  

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And he supposedly doesn’t have a bank account.  

Or a retirement account? Never owes the IRS money? Doesn't have a mortgage? His wife owns a business, but supposedly it must be an all cash business? How is this not a major ethics violation???

• TBH 1

I look at things this way with all politicians.  They don't really want anything to get better, because if it does, they have nothing to fear monger about.  

Republicans were actually hurt by the SC ruling on abortion.  It was better for them back before when it was an issue hanging out there to use.  When it got used against them?  It changed the middle.  I actually know Pro-Life Ohioans that voted the Heart Beat amendment down, because they believed it went too far.

Do I think the economy is great?  I don't. interest rates are hurting me and we have had to change our habits and behaviors.  My 3 kids can't afford to buy a house.  I could and did at their age.  We are in the same profession.  Private school teachers.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
24 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I look at things this way with all politicians.  They don't really want anything to get better, because if it does, they have nothing to fear monger about.  

Republicans were actually hurt by the SC ruling on abortion.  It was better for them back before when it was an issue hanging out there to use.  When it got used against them?  It changed the middle.  I actually know Pro-Life Ohioans that voted the Heart Beat amendment down, because they believed it went too far.

Do I think the economy is great?  I don't. interest rates are hurting me and we have had to change our habits and behaviors.  My 3 kids can't afford to buy a house.  I could and did at their age.  We are in the same profession.  Private school teachers.

I agree somewhat. Politicians react to voter preferences. They are rewarded by not solving problems. Additionally, unaffordable housing is the result of Zoning requirements mandated by your locally elected city council. If voters wanted cheaper and affordable housing, they would vote for it. 

58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They don’t give a s#!t about fixing the border or keeping the economy chugging.  If hurting people helps them win….so be it.  

I guess they do want to keep the economy chugging, Trump was on the verge of a $34 trillion dollar oil sale thus solving all our fiscal problems. I don't know about you, but this sounds totally serious. We must vote for this. 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Additionally, unaffordable housing is the result of Zoning requirements mandated by your locally elected city council. If voters wanted cheaper and affordable housing, they would vote for it. 

The median sale price in 2020 was $296,000 an an interest rate of 2.85% on a 30yr for a payment of $1,232..ish.   

The median sale price in 2023 was $398,000 an interest rate of 7%on a 30yr  for a payment of $2,648..ish

For roughly the same house, people are paying $1,400 more per month for the median house.  

This isn’t just the result of local zoning laws.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Still waiting for Elise to provide more details on the Jan 6th "hostages" she's speaking of.  I'm wondering what's taking her so long.  As one of the leaders party of law and order she should have that information readily at hand.

• TBH 1