The Republican Utopia

16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Literally that they think they'll win in November and they can secure larger Business Tax Breaks and that they don't want to hand Biden a "victory" before the election. 

Thanks.  It’s behind a paywall and I never trust the synopsis of tweeters.   

I really don’t like it at all when political parties will not advance legislation because it’s an election year and passing a bill gives the other party a win.   It’s basically always an election year for the political class and try working for the people instead of getting re elected. 

• TBH 3

See Cali....it's not so hard.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/668442-desantis-theft-crackdown/

"Those policies are dead on arrival in Florida. We catch criminals and prosecute them," DeSantis wrote on X, following a news conference he hosted at a Walgreens in Stuart, Florida, where he signed legislation known as HB 549. The new law increases penalties for retail theft, porch piracy and inciting looting via social media. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How would killing the child tax credit help get voters?

That’s a good question and my spidey senses tell me the headline may not match what those Senators want to eventually pass.  But who knows.  Article was behind a paywall and I hadn’t heard that story before.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That’s a good question and my spidey senses tell me the headline may not match what those Senators want to eventually pass.  But who knows.  Article was behind a paywall and I hadn’t heard that story before.  

I mean, I don't know the #'s but my guess is that there are more parents than there are business owners.  I would think the child tax credit is a bigger deal to more people?

Again, I don't know the #'s

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

Pro Russia stuff is as nutty as Pro Pally stuff.

Outside of a small faction of Hamas apologists, pro-Palestine sentiment is mostly about their right to exist -- like Israel -- and to stop the wholesale bombing of civilians as conducted by the Netanyahu government. Not exactly nutty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Outside of a small faction of Hamas apologists, pro-Palestine sentiment is mostly about their right to exist -- like Israel -- and to stop the wholesale bombing of civilians as conducted by the Netanyahu government. Not exactly nutty. 

It is in the nut family, for sure.  

What is the saying, one bad nut spoils the bowl of nut-stuff.  I don't think that is word for word.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why are so many republican politicians doing Putin’s bidding?

cc24564416b7adca2abe1ac3ee33425e.gif

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Another GOP useful idiot.  This one is too dumb to know he's pushing Putin's propaganda.

Tuberville's a f#&%ing moron but he could also be corrupt.

• Plus1 2