The Republican Utopia

My 99 year old neighbor lived near Berlin during World War II and watched her best friend die next to her when their air raid shelter was bombed. The surviving Germans prayed they would be "liberated" by the U.S. rather than Russian troops, who exacted violent revenge. She spent five years of exacting subterfuge to get her parents out of East Berlin and eventually to the U.S.  She absolutely sees the parallels of Trump's America to the Nazi rise to power, and tells me Bernie Sanders would be considered a moderate anywhere in Europe. That's my anecdotal observation for the day. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My 99 year old neighbor lived near Berlin during World War II and watched her best friend die next to her when their air raid shelter was bombed. The surviving Germans prayed they would be "liberated" by the U.S. rather than Russian troops, who exacted violent revenge. She spent five years of exacting subterfuge to get her parents out of East Berlin and eventually to the U.S.  She absolutely sees the parallels of Trump's America to the Nazi rise to power, and tells me Bernie Sanders would be considered a moderate anywhere in Europe. That's my anecdotal observation for the day. 

I have had about 6 different concentration camp survivors come as guest speakers for classes I teach and they pretty much all mention that, of course they wanted to be freed, they would rather have the US free them instead of the commies.  

With that said, those commies didn't f#&% around when it came to killing nazis.  

Sadly, it has been about 10 years since I have had those speakers, there are just not as many around anymore and a lot of them don't like to speak about what they went through.  

• TBH 1

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

All this time, Teach has secretly been...a Fireman!

Hahaha!

The f#&%ing FD just tweeted out the old "Make sure to clean off your fire hydrants if you have one in your yard"

What?  THAT IS YOUR JOB!  I don't ask you to grade my papers.  

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

#prolife

This comes just days after claiming they're doing everything they can just short of shooting migrants "because the Biden administration would charge us with murder".  That's they caveat.  Like "Believe me we would if we weren't going to be charged with murder".